A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.50% ABV

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale Alström Bros

4.98/5  rDev +18.3%

This is my go-to beer. If I don't want to experiment or go for a special experience this is the beer I will choose and every time I do it makes me happy. Even though it is now generally available, I treat this beer like a special occasion -- a treat.

The first thing that hits me with this is the smell -- all tropical fruit, piney hops and FLOWERS. The seductive floral aroma pulls me in every time. I would wear this shit as aftershave! Did I say yet that I like the way it smells?

The taste is a perfect follow-up to the nose. This beer sort of straddles classifications, but I put it squarely in the IPA school, albeit a very balanced and refined IPA. It has that tantalizing bitterness but you don't just go bitter for bitter sake -- it's all part of the whole. The slight malt sweetness and lingering floral notes just do it for me.

I don't know if this is a mouth-feel deal, but the resin content really works for me. It sticks to the tongue and allows a recycling of the best of the flavors long after the last sip has slithered down the throat. Lagunitas pulls this off pretty consistently. The carbonation is perfect. On a hot summer day -- THIS IS IT.

I like a broad range of beers but most of the time I want something with plenty of flavor. I've always been a fan of the rich roasty creamy stouts and I've never turned down a rich red or brown ale. A sailing buddy introduced me to big hops beers last year and I haven't looked back. The brewery that consistently nails the big hops taste test is Lagunitas. The Lagunitas beer that satisfies me EVERY time I pop one is Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. I will keep drinking and enjoying other beers but I will keep coming back to this one for a looong time!

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company