A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 7,602 | Reviews: 1,488

4.6/5  rDev +9.3%

Appears the color of honey; has a richer color than a witbier but not as rich as an IPA; 2finger, fluffy head. First thing that hits the nose is grapefruit; moderately hoppy scent with notes of smooth, malt sweetness. What an interesting taste this one has; full of floral hops - earthy and bitter - yet it finishes so sweet; notes of caramel and vanilla come out with a swirl around the mouth, and it ultimately leaves you with a sweet/slightly bitter aftertaste. I'd call this a medium-bodied brew; moderately effervescent, yet thick enough to linger on the tongue.

Lagunitas strikes again. This beer has a lot of character. At first, you think it's another Cali-style, hoppy beer, but it is full of sweet flavors as well. I really dug the range of flavors i experienced from my first whiff to my last sip. Highly recommended. Cheers.

4.75/5  rDev +12.8%

4.97/5  rDev +18.1%

This is my go-to beer. If I don't want to experiment or go for a special experience this is the beer I will choose and every time I do it makes me happy. Even though it is now generally available, I treat this beer like a special occasion -- a treat.

The first thing that hits me with this is the smell -- all tropical fruit, piney hops and FLOWERS. The seductive floral aroma pulls me in every time. I would wear this shit as aftershave! Did I say yet that I like the way it smells?

The taste is a perfect follow-up to the nose. This beer sort of straddles classifications, but I put it squarely in the IPA school, albeit a very balanced and refined IPA. It has that tantalizing bitterness but you don't just go bitter for bitter sake -- it's all part of the whole. The slight malt sweetness and lingering floral notes just do it for me.

I don't know if this is a mouth-feel deal, but the resin content really works for me. It sticks to the tongue and allows a recycling of the best of the flavors long after the last sip has slithered down the throat. Lagunitas pulls this off pretty consistently. The carbonation is perfect. On a hot summer day -- THIS IS IT.

I like a broad range of beers but most of the time I want something with plenty of flavor. I've always been a fan of the rich roasty creamy stouts and I've never turned down a rich red or brown ale. A sailing buddy introduced me to big hops beers last year and I haven't looked back. The brewery that consistently nails the big hops taste test is Lagunitas. The Lagunitas beer that satisfies me EVERY time I pop one is Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. I will keep drinking and enjoying other beers but I will keep coming back to this one for a looong time!

4.5/5  rDev +6.9%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company