A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.50% ABV

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale Alström Bros
4.55/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

First off, I told my wife I want a little sumpin' sumpin' tonight and she said OK so I waited until the next day to try the beer, Love the Name!

A - No straw colored wheat beer here, great light orange color, small head and some lacing

S- you can smell the citrus here, nice! Not over-powering hops.

T- pine, citrus, lingers more on the tongue then I thought it would, since it is a wheat ale, it is 100 degrees outside, it fits the perfect summer time brew.

M - I love how this beer feels, it stays with me way longer than a wheat should and just fills my mouth with flavor, I can see why I snagged the last 6 pack my local store.

O - I am OK with a Wheat but usually just because I am out and that's about the best choice on the menu. Also, I love that this is a wheat at ABV 7.50%, I think that is what adds to the mouthfeel.

4.75/5  rDev +12.8%

4.93/5  rDev +17.1%

Aroma:  Wow, huge grapefruit citrus and pine hop aroma.  Maybe some tropical fruit flavors peaking out.

Appearance:  Honey golden color.  Three fingers of head with nice lacing.

Flavor:  The citrus and pine flavors follow through just like the aroma.  This pale wheat ale tastes just like a true west coast IPA.  Finishes bitter sweet with just a hint of lingering bitterness.  A hop heads dream.

Mouthfeel:   Light body, good carbonation.

Overall:  Lagunitas has redefined the American wheat ale and it is awesome!  It  drinks like an American IPA.  Waves of hop aroma and flavor with malt sweetness to balance.  My favorite American wheat, hands down.

4.5/5  rDev +6.9%

Quite a strong american wheat ale if you ask me. I had a bad experience with little sumpin extra so lets see how this goes. Pretty clear bright orange color with a thin white head which settles to a sticky lace. Pungent nose from the get go. Extremely ripe tropical fruit, pineapple, mango, papaya, grapefruit and a thin malt body below it. I'm excited.

Pretty big complex beer. Big full mouthfeel but goes down smooth. Good carbonation. Sweet tropical fruits with a hint of taffy and caramel. Wheaty goodness on the middle of the palate with a sharp bitter edge. The hops are really bright and fruity and provide a nice balance to the subtle malt body. Great balance and all the flavors play really well together. Great how the hops add to the sweetness and the balance. Very nice. Great damn beer. We need to see more of it NJ.

4.15/5  rDev -1.4%

Appearance: Pours a very nice deep golden color with about two fingers almost white head

Smell: I'd have to say the smell is my favorite part of this beer. Can pick up some grapefruit right away from the hops, yet upon deeper inspection I catch a whiff of some melon, maybe cantelope, possibly watermelon.

Taste: Very nice yet hard to explain...the best I can come up with is like a bitter yet fruity but not so sweet ginger-ale. Quite enjoyable..alcohol is well hidden for 7.5% ABV

Mouthfeel: Light to medium body..medium on the carbonation..very pleasant

Overall: Yeah..it's a good one..had a bbq last weekend...served this one up to some craft drinkers..got some positive feedback. If I had to classify this beer..i'd call it a summertime IPA. I will be buying this one again and I'd recommend.

3.95/5  rDev -6.2%

Served in a flute glass.

Appearance: this beer pours a slightly darker gold color, not much bubbles off the body. White head though is thick, about a full inch..real nice.

Smell: light grapefruit and but f'n strong hops, very potent and pleasant that you just keep going sniff after sniff.

Taste: Bitter with a hit of grapefruit that blows your tongue away. It is bitter but a light piney feel that helps it go down that much better

Mouth: medium to heavy most definitely. Not the easiest to drink but the real beer advocates will not say no.

Overall: very good and no complaints on my end. Salud!

4.75/5  rDev +12.8%