A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale Alström Bros
4.3/5  rDev +2.1%

3.8/5  rDev -9.7%

3.5/5  rDev -16.9%

4.08/5  rDev -3.1%

4.5/5  rDev +6.9%

This is very good beer, first taste was a little off but quickly got better. By the bottom of the glass I definitely wanted another.
Pleasantly hoppy. I rarely buy any sort of wheat beer, I just did not notice it on the packaging. I have purchased this more than once! And though I still
generally loathe wheat. The other two exceptions to my 'no-wheat' policy are Bell's Oberon and 3 Floyd's Gumball.
Also noticed a slew of new Lagunitas products near me, including several 'real' IPAs. Now that I know that they are brewing in
Chicago, can they be added to the 'best beer in the midwest' list?

4.75/5  rDev +12.8%

My favorite non-limited non-seasonal release beers to drink from a bottle. Until I read on BA that this beer was an "American Pale Wheat Ale", I had assumed it was an IPA - piney hops with a lovely malty sweetness.

In NYC, I have found the taste quality of this beer to have a pretty high variation. When my brother was visiting NYC (from Petaluma, CA) we got one of the not-so-great six packs from a super market prompting the dreaded criticism of "It doesn't taste as good out here." Stores that have a high turnover (like a Whole Foods beer store or specialty beer stores) are your best bet for a relatively fresh batch. With this beer, freshness means everything. With the opening of the Chicago brewing site, hopefully those of us on the east coast can expect to see a steadier stream of fresh Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale.

3.75/5  rDev -10.9%