Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: Jules11788 on 11-07-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) Alström Bros

edhizdeid, Feb 06, 2014

squack, Feb 06, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -13.8%

mmulebarn, Feb 06, 2014

mdp05, Feb 06, 2014
4.94/5  rDev +13.6%

This beer is great. Love the story on the bottle and box.

A. Good looking beer. About a finger and a half of head. About the color of honey.

S. Can smell the alcohol. Pine along with citrus fruits.

T. Some grapefruit, pine, I can really taste the alcohol as the beer warms up.

M. A little thicker. Kinda sticks to your mouth a little bit.

Overall. I like this beer a lot. Something I could drink more than one of. Glad I picked up a 6 pack of this. Money well spent.

Golfer3Aces, Feb 06, 2014

texasalec, Feb 06, 2014

DWolf, Feb 06, 2014
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

A: Crystal clear golden with a tan head.

S: Lots of orange an citrus peel, some pine and tropical fruits like papaya in the nose.

T: Fresh orange, grapefruit peel, pine and sweet malt.

M: Medium bodied and less than smooth.

O: Really good, one of my favorites from the brewery, but way overrated. Still, I'd recommend giving this a try if you like IPAs.

BierJager89, Feb 06, 2014

lanciloti, Feb 06, 2014

Bizzzurke, Feb 06, 2014

cornejo, Feb 06, 2014

MrJuengling, Feb 06, 2014
3.3/5  rDev -24.1%

A - Very light, golden appearance

S - Right off the bat a very floral, clean aroma with some alcohol towards the end.

T - Much more earthy than I would have expected based on the aroma, with a very dry finish and lingering tart flavor that adds to the bitterness. I don't notice much malt sweetness at all that I read others commenting on. Judging by the appearance this seems to make sense with how light it is.

M - Very smooth, light, well carbonated, which only adds to the dryness.

O - For me what really is the showcase of this beer is the aroma. From the very beginning the aroma is very inviting and greatly shows the hops used, but I wasn't too much of a fan of the dryness to this beer. I seem to enjoy IPAs with much more body and a malt backbone to them, and although I see why this beer is thoroughly enjoyed and sought after, I would have enjoyed it more if there was more complex malty flavor that didn't leave such a dry finish.

Steve_Dave, Feb 06, 2014

T-34-85, Feb 06, 2014

dspinler, Feb 06, 2014

sammyt728, Feb 06, 2014
4.34/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: Clear golden well-carbonated body with a healthy white head & amazing lace.
S: Tropical fruits, grapefruit, and floral nose emanate from the glass.
T: Light hoppy flavors crime with light bready malt notes and go on to finish dry & clean.
M: Smooth, clean, effervescent body with clean finish. Not overly bitter by any means.
O: Outstanding hoppiness in this delicious DIPA.

Paincane, Feb 06, 2014

jkane101, Feb 05, 2014
4.25/5  rDev -2.3%

Petey_the_Quiet, Feb 05, 2014

CCory, Feb 05, 2014

FCal79, Feb 05, 2014
4.71/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Poured out of a bottle into a pint glass, nice golden brown color, delicious tropical, grapefruit aroma, and the taste follows the aroma perfectly. It's like a grapefruit-gasm in my mouth pussy. Incredibly easy to drink for a double. Def an instant favorite of mine. Pretty much as close to perfect that you can get here in murdaland

Nlawrence301, Feb 05, 2014