Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

Beer added by: Jules11788 on 11-07-2011

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 8,757 | Reviews: 1,412

4.65/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured from a bottle into a Pub glass.
Appearance - gold color; thick, white, bubbly head. Lace sheets the glass.
Smell - phenomenal! sweet nectar, citrus and floral hops, some caramel candy.
Taste - follows the nose brilliantly, well balanced and complex flavors!
Feel - this is hop forward, but not overly aggressive. Incredibly easy to drink for the ABV!
Overall - I love the balance and complexity of this beer and the price point makes this one of my favorites!

4.32/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a pint glass: a light amber with thick white head that fades into fine lacing and a thin top layer. Wonderful hop citric aroma and flavor that is characteristic of Lagunitas brews followed by a slightly syrupy and numbing (from the hops) mouth-feel that compels one to drink more and more. The hops, of course, are the focus, but they are supported and wonderfully balanced by a medium/light malt/sweet backbone that makes the drinkability excellent. It is light, crisp, and perfectly hoppy. In my opinion, far better than brown sugga.

4.59/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

There are not many beers that I could drink for the rest of my life and not get tired of, but this one would definitely not suck. I didn't even know it was "sucks season" already, and was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my beer store today. Unfortunately, they have a one 6 pack limit, so I am working on a disguise so I can go back tomorrow and get some more.

This one pours a little darker than a lot of IPA's with a nice head on it.

The smell is hard for me to describe, but it makes my mouth water! It has a wonderful citrus hoppy smell, but with a dank undertone to it.

The taste, the taste, the taste... This is how every beer should taste! Hoppy perfection, with each sip tasting better than the last.

This beer is damn near perfection!

I like pretty much every Lagunitas beer, but this is my favorite.

4.25/5  rDev -2.3%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) from Lagunitas Brewing Company