DayTime - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Beer added by: RblWthACoz on 08-25-2012

to view more.
Ratings: 2,125 | Reviews: 418
3.94/5  rDev -0.5%

Easily my favorite brewer, Lagunitas never lets me down it is the brand I recommend to everybody.

3.39/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

This is a session IPA and just that. I don't think it pretends to be anything else. Great taste and quite refreshing. Nice alternative to the more watered down IPA's out there. Decent color with a crisp feel and clean slightly piney finish straight from the bottle (yes I dared to). I bought a six pack and went through them quick my self. Brought a case to a cookout this weekend and they went like lightening with the self proclaimed beer snobs. Great straight out of the cooler and nicely soaked in ice. Will buy again this summer.

4.7/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I supplied this at my picnic along with Bells Oberon and some of my other favorite beers, and Daytime was easily the favorite, for good reason. It's nice to drink a tasty beer all day without falling over drunk. Of course at $38 a case, keep it a small gathering. Great beer.

3.79/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

too strong of flavor for my taste

3.28/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

355ml bottle at home from Good Spirits Co, Glasgow (£2.60):
I was quite disappointed with this one from Lagunitas, it definitely seems like the worst of 3 beers that I've tried thus far from them & came out almost like a watered down version of their regular IPA that I much preferred to this one, as well as being one that I can picked up more easily & for cheaper too. It's not that I didn't enjoy this one or that I thought it was a bad beer, it's just that I felt it could have been so much better & I was expecting it be.

3.77/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a bottle into a shaker pint, the beer is a hazy, bright yellow coloring, with a filmy, foamy, white head. Nose of lemongrass, subtle citrus notes, sticky hops, and a cracker backbone. Flavors are cracker and toast forward, with a subtle piney highlight and light citrus and resinous notes rounding it out. Smooth and light bodied, with a light hoppy and cracker blend in the aftertaste. The finish is dry and slightly effervesced, with a citrus sweet linger. Very drinkable beer.

2.68/5  rDev -32.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Not sure if I got a bad bottle. Had a funky taste and smell

3.84/5  rDev -3%

Awesome session IPA! One of my favorites!

3.84/5  rDev -3%

Looks urinish, good smell though, taste is all right with an avg aftertaste.

3.82/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A damn good session ipa, don't normally go for such beers as they often taste watered down. Not this case at all here. All the deliciousness of lagunitas with out getting you drunk

An okay hoppy session IPA

4.77/5  rDev +20.5%

One of the best session IPAs!!!

4.03/5  rDev +1.8%

Nice but slight IPA. Very crisp and mellow. You finish each sip wanting just a bit more, but it's a very easy drinking beer. They go down easy.

3.3/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

It's like a lightly hopped IPA with a strong essence of lemon and orange. Pretty solid stuff.

This is a bland version of an ipa. Session or not, there is one noted bitterness here and nothing else.

Would not purchase again.

2.29/5  rDev -42.2%

I love Lagunitas Night Time Ale.
But this, I couldn't describe it at first.
Then it hit me. . . Hop water.
No malt character for me at all.
I wish I could review higher.

3.94/5  rDev -0.5%

Very nice hazy yellow coloring. Pours a one finger, thick head. Back of the mouth hit with a light hoppy and floral notes. Nice tastes of grass and citrus. Mouth feel is great, with carbonation and hops. The hops taste isn't very strong, but definitely present. Overall an outstanding beer.

3.53/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A lot of hoppy IPA style beers don't retain that floral, front-of-the-tongue bitter flavor when they're bottled. Even the real famous flagship beers like Pliny the Elder and Ballast Point Sculpin don't seem to retain that sparkly hop quality when served out of bottles.

To my surprise, this Daytime IPA from Lagunitas does have it. Maybe it's because it has such a light body that the hops really stand out. Maybe they add some chemical adjunct to preserve that particular flavor. I'm not sure, but I think this is one of the better values in bottled craft IPAs that I can find. And I can find it pretty much anywhere, from specialty beer stores to gas station refrigerator cases.

3.74/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A: straw

S: citrus hops

T: again, citrus. makes me think of a Lagunitas IPA watered down with sprite...?

M: nice nice

O: I'll try one again but its not that killer

dont want to write anything, but im being forced to. way too light and not much hop flavor at all.

2.73/5  rDev -31.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Hops with the volume turned down. Mild bite on the tail end. Serviceable, for sure. Slightly grassy?

#MensJournal100Best2014

3.05/5  rDev -23%

Hadn't seen this before so I picked up a few. After opening and pouring, I looked at the bottling date..Wow, this "Fractional IPA" is over 8 months old!!. Oh well, here is the review and I will re-review again if I can find a fresher bottle. Pours an extremely light yellow-gold color with ok head and minimal lacing. Aroma knocked my socks off. Dank, Piney, Resiny, Grapefruit, citrus rind, BUT....almost to the skunky smelling level. Wow, this is gonna be interesting. Well, it was just ok.....Aroma is the best part of this beer, the flavor of hops and citrus get you at first(along with the aroma of fresh squeezed skunk) and then quickly dissipate into a watery, forgettable beer. Just as you begin to taste it, it's gone !!!. Mouthfeel was watery and hardly there at all!!

4.43/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Bottle of daytime ale drank.

4.71/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I have been trying different sessions IPAs for about a year. Never found one that I really liked. This is the best I have tried. Actually prefer it over regular IPAs that I have been drinking. While I still like the other IPAs, I don't really need too many 7.5% beers. This beer should be perfect for summer.

look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours a bright golden color with a fluffy head into my glass. Very clear for the style. I like it.

Crisp, grassy, grainy textures upfront. No indication of hops on label but they do have a noticeable citrus character.

How do I put this? Crisp and light sweetness of the malt mingles with a decent floral and citrus punch from the hops.

Drinks like a much stronger beer. The dry hopping gives the drinker a little extra oomph in the nose.

Very tasty. Sessionable. They should can it. Would be the perfect compliment to a hot day on a riding mower.

to view more.