DayTime - Lagunitas Brewing Company

DayTimeDayTime

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: RblWthACoz on 08-25-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of DayTime Alström Bros
2.75/5  rDev -30.9%

Pours a clear yellow... I'd have trouble picking this out of a crowd of "Lite" beers if it weren't for the fluffy white head and strong sticky lacing.

The aroma is the best thing this beer has going for it. Big fruity hop aromas make you think this is could be a real IPA. (Spoiler Alert: It's not.)

The taste is much like the smell, but toned way down. The bitterness really overpowered the hop flavors for me, and the whole thing was way too thin. Every time I took a sip I was wondering where my beer went.

Overall, it's a decent brew that lives up to it's name as a session IPA. It's not something I would reach for again, though. If you're staring at the window of your local store and looking for something light to bring to the BBQ I recommend reaching for Stone's, Southern Tier's or Founders' interpretations on the style way before this one.

jodybrutal, Aug 19, 2014

A: Very light, clear
S: No sweet scents, maybe hints of citrus?
T: Quite dry, good bitter after taste
M: Carbonation, smooth on the watery side
O: Easy to drink,

schatzs, Aug 17, 2014
3.1/5  rDev -22.1%

What a day it has been in terms of The Bottle Purge of the Summer of 2014! A succession of lagers has finally brought me to an AIPA, which is more in my wheelhouse. I have Heaven 17 doing "Let Me Go" playing on YouTube with lyrics that include "Daytime, all I want is nighttime ..."

From the bottle: "Say 'Lah-Goo-Knee-Tuss'"; "A Fractional IPA (is that ridiculous or what ...?!)"; "Have you been jonesing for something more primal and less evolved? If so, Fire is the element for you. Air, Water, and Earth are of no use. There is a freedom in burning down the house of fixed expectations and it confers an undeniable lightness to being."; "Life is Uncertain. Don't Sip."

Step 1: Pop the cap. Step 2: Upend the bottle. Step 3: Step back. Yeah, I get the idea behind these Session AIPAs - they are all aroma hops with very little bitterness in terms of taste. It's like window dressing or picking up a date only to discover she's a tranny. I want the real thing, baby! I watched as the pseudo-cascade settled into two fingers of dense, bone-white head with great retention. It began to fall in a slow, inexorable way, leaving behind some great, sticky lacing. Color was Pale Straw (SRM = 1 - 2) with NE-quality clarity, but I am always dubious when my beer is paler than my urine. Nose smelled of dank and cattiness! WTF!?! Mouthfeel was kind of thin and watery, which is another drawback in this style. The taste was equally lacking. I really wanted it to taste like it smelled, but such was not the case. It had a weak citrusiness, but I was not into it. Finish was semi-dry, but the flavors were so bland and muted that I was now ready to drink a beer.

woodychandler, Aug 17, 2014