DayTime - Lagunitas Brewing Company

DayTimeDayTime

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

Beer added by: RblWthACoz on 08-25-2012

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of DayTime Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,181 | Reviews: 437
2.68/5  rDev -32.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Not sure if I got a bad bottle. Had a funky taste and smell

3.84/5  rDev -3%

Awesome session IPA! One of my favorites!

3.84/5  rDev -3%

Looks urinish, good smell though, taste is all right with an avg aftertaste.

3.82/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A damn good session ipa, don't normally go for such beers as they often taste watered down. Not this case at all here. All the deliciousness of lagunitas with out getting you drunk

An okay hoppy session IPA

4.77/5  rDev +20.5%

One of the best session IPAs!!!

4.03/5  rDev +1.8%

Nice but slight IPA. Very crisp and mellow. You finish each sip wanting just a bit more, but it's a very easy drinking beer. They go down easy.

3.3/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

It's like a lightly hopped IPA with a strong essence of lemon and orange. Pretty solid stuff.

This is a bland version of an ipa. Session or not, there is one noted bitterness here and nothing else.

Would not purchase again.

2.29/5  rDev -42.2%

I love Lagunitas Night Time Ale.
But this, I couldn't describe it at first.
Then it hit me. . . Hop water.
No malt character for me at all.
I wish I could review higher.

3.94/5  rDev -0.5%

Very nice hazy yellow coloring. Pours a one finger, thick head. Back of the mouth hit with a light hoppy and floral notes. Nice tastes of grass and citrus. Mouth feel is great, with carbonation and hops. The hops taste isn't very strong, but definitely present. Overall an outstanding beer.

3.53/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A lot of hoppy IPA style beers don't retain that floral, front-of-the-tongue bitter flavor when they're bottled. Even the real famous flagship beers like Pliny the Elder and Ballast Point Sculpin don't seem to retain that sparkly hop quality when served out of bottles.

To my surprise, this Daytime IPA from Lagunitas does have it. Maybe it's because it has such a light body that the hops really stand out. Maybe they add some chemical adjunct to preserve that particular flavor. I'm not sure, but I think this is one of the better values in bottled craft IPAs that I can find. And I can find it pretty much anywhere, from specialty beer stores to gas station refrigerator cases.

3.74/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A: straw

S: citrus hops

T: again, citrus. makes me think of a Lagunitas IPA watered down with sprite...?

M: nice nice

O: I'll try one again but its not that killer

dont want to write anything, but im being forced to. way too light and not much hop flavor at all.

2.73/5  rDev -31.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Hops with the volume turned down. Mild bite on the tail end. Serviceable, for sure. Slightly grassy?

#MensJournal100Best2014

3.05/5  rDev -23%

Hadn't seen this before so I picked up a few. After opening and pouring, I looked at the bottling date..Wow, this "Fractional IPA" is over 8 months old!!. Oh well, here is the review and I will re-review again if I can find a fresher bottle. Pours an extremely light yellow-gold color with ok head and minimal lacing. Aroma knocked my socks off. Dank, Piney, Resiny, Grapefruit, citrus rind, BUT....almost to the skunky smelling level. Wow, this is gonna be interesting. Well, it was just ok.....Aroma is the best part of this beer, the flavor of hops and citrus get you at first(along with the aroma of fresh squeezed skunk) and then quickly dissipate into a watery, forgettable beer. Just as you begin to taste it, it's gone !!!. Mouthfeel was watery and hardly there at all!!

4.43/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Bottle of daytime ale drank.

4.71/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I have been trying different sessions IPAs for about a year. Never found one that I really liked. This is the best I have tried. Actually prefer it over regular IPAs that I have been drinking. While I still like the other IPAs, I don't really need too many 7.5% beers. This beer should be perfect for summer.

look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours a bright golden color with a fluffy head into my glass. Very clear for the style. I like it.

Crisp, grassy, grainy textures upfront. No indication of hops on label but they do have a noticeable citrus character.

How do I put this? Crisp and light sweetness of the malt mingles with a decent floral and citrus punch from the hops.

Drinks like a much stronger beer. The dry hopping gives the drinker a little extra oomph in the nose.

Very tasty. Sessionable. They should can it. Would be the perfect compliment to a hot day on a riding mower.

2.9/5  rDev -26.8%

Tastes like a hoppy pilsner, with a carbonated mouth feel.

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Consistent with other Lagunita brews, but not my favorite.

Not to overly big of IPA's

3.14/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Not a fan of the hop profile on this at all.

3.57/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pours an almost clear medium straw producing 2 fingers of shortlived, white, frothy head that leaves a narrow ring of lace. Aroma is aromatic herbal/floral hop hints & a little sweet caramel malt. Taste is mostly herbal & citrus hops swimming in a moderate caramel malt background with a hint of cabbage/onion. The second session IPA I've had in 2 days with fairly robust flavor for what it is. Mouthfeel is light-moderate bodied, moderate carbonation, creamy & smooth.

4.21/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Very light golden color. Made me a little apprehensive after the pour for an IPA. Complete change of heart once my nose caught the wonderful smells of fresh fruit and citrus aromas. Flavors of grapefruit, pine, green apple and some wheat. Beautiful balance and nice carbonation. Somewhat dry and light hop finish. I'm a big fan of IPA'S. This is not a traditional IPA, however it was a pleasant surprise. Would be my go to beer for a day at the beach when you plan on drinking more than one.

DayTime from Lagunitas Brewing Company