Lagunitas IPA - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Lagunitas Brewing Company visit their website

Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-10-2001

45.6 IBU
Ratings: 7,619 | Reviews: 1,700

One of the best IPA's ever! It has such a wonderful hop flavor that is not over powering
A: A very clear orange-cooper color, with a very nice white head with a subtle lace.

Smell: aroma of hops and malt profile.

Taste: A very good citrus hops and sweet malt flavors. It is appealing to the palate. This beer leaves your tongue wanting more. The balance out perfectly!

Moutfeell: Crisp, tangy, with Some hoppy sweetness.

Overall : This IPA is one I enjoy, and I could drank daily. It has quality and done very well this beer.

Purchased at the local Kroger in South Raleigh/Garner off of 70 and Timber. Sixer was $9.19 - great balance of hop and malt....seriously one of the better IPAs on the market today that is available at the freakin Kroger. Starts out with a citrusy aroma that is quickly forgotten after the first bite of this brew hits your tastebuds. YUM.

There's always a 6-pack of this in my 'fridge. This American IPA utilizes Belgian yeast to provide a smooth and robust American IPA. It's almost like a Belgian-style IPA. Fantastic Lagunitas signature style hops and malt character. Smooth and a nice clean finish.

This is my go to beer no matter the season. It's clean, goes down easy, and smells great. It's one of the better IPAs I have had it's really dope. I suggest it to anyone looking to step away from store bought light beer and into a really quality beer.

Wow, lagunitas never Dissapoints. Readily available & high quality. I live in Indiana where 3 Floyds is most people's sought after brew. Lagunitas brew is always both easier to get ahold of, cheaper, and just as good if not better. This beer tastes nearly the same as gumballhead, however slightly more grapefruit than citrus. Smooth, all day drinking kind of beer or session. I can't think of any occasion or season this wouldn't be good. Awesome citrus/grapefruit taste, kind of a bready orange peel nose. Taste doesn't linger or coat the mouth, something that I look for in all beers, and leaves you wanting more after each taste. I thought I liked lil sumpin', but this is smoother and you don't get that alcohol Taste at the end like lil sumpin'. 10/10 in my book.

Delicious 4 seasons out of the year.

The best IPA period!

Had a full size keg as well for wedding

One of the best West Coast IPA's ever, that has such a wonderful Hop flavor that doesn't over power you. Great aroma and taste...mmm.

S: A subdued hops aroma that lets you know the hops are there, but are not going to over power the malt profile.

T: A very awesome citrus hops flavor that still allows you to enjoy the sweet malt flavors. Very, very appealing to the palate, and leaves your tongue wanting more.

M: Crisp, tangy, with a hoppy sweetness. VERY easy to drink.

O: What can I say, this IPA is one that I highly enjoy, and could drink daily. Whether with food or on it's own, this one is a winner in my book.

Great beer. Not too bitter like some ipas. Delicious all the way through

4.97/5  rDev +27.8%

I must say this beer quickly jumped up to the top tier in my mind of IPAs I have drank in my life. It was excellent!

The LaGuanitas has a lot of nose and a distinct hoppy smell that I find lacking in most commercially produced beers. This beer aroma makes me want to keep my face over the pitcher the entire time I am drinking it just to enjoy the aroma.

Even better, this beer goes down easy yet packs the body of a good IPA. Trust me, you can drink a lot of this.

I've also had their Maximus IPA, which I like even more, even with the increased price.

4.95/5  rDev +27.2%

Excellent West Coast IPA. Hoppy but with less IBU's than you'd expect. Very floral on the nose, citrus and fruity finish and hoppy enough for three fellas. Fell in love while living in Cali and easily one of my favorite three IPA's I've ever had.

4.95/5  rDev +27.2%

pours a nice orange copper color with a two finger slightly off white head that holds very well with some nice lacing to go with it. strong aromas of pine, spice, and herbs. taste is exceptional, slightly sweet fresh grapefruit tartness and nicely hopped and slightly bitter. mouthfeel is medium, carbonation a tad light. very good beer, great taste.

4.94/5  rDev +27%

This is such an awesome beer. I am love IPA's and it took me the longest time to love this beer. Nice balance hoppy but not over powering like most crap over hop IPA's. Nice sexy cooper look. No head but asides that great beer! It is now in my top 5 IPA's. Try it!

4.93/5  rDev +26.7%

Very good IPA that I could drink again.

4.92/5  rDev +26.5%

The best "all around" and well rounded beer, that is perfectly balanced between hops and malts. A good IPA is my beer of choice, but adding ridiculous amounts of hoops doesn't always make a beer better. Lagunitas gets it right. The perfect beer. Well, my perfect beer.

4.89/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Love love love this beer. Been hearing many good things about Lagunitas, so when I saw a beer on tap from them I jumped on it. Very happy I did. Super bright hoppy burst of flavor and smell. Small-medium head. Just so full of flavor, super refreshing. Had two right in a row before I had to leave, or else I would have had six more. Highly recommend, one of the best IPAs or beers I have ever had.

4.87/5  rDev +25.2%

My favorite beer! Tastes like lychee fruit

4.86/5  rDev +24.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

An easy go-to choice in a crowded field of IPAs.

4.86/5  rDev +24.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Despite the generic label this is an exceptional IPA in the lower price range. I really try to keep this in my beer pantry at all times. One very solid product.

4.85/5  rDev +24.7%

Getting a perfume of citrus and slight grapefruit hops. Very smooth and crisp hop bite with a delicious refreshing cascade fruitiness rolling across the tongue with that perfume citrus hop taste and ending with an herbal pineyness from the Centennial hops.

The bready yeasty maltiness perfectly balances out the hop showcase on this one not leaving it too bitter and making it refreshing along with that cascade hope fruitiness. I always found the cascade hop to the be a very crisp fruitiness. I also can taste some grapefruit overtones in there as well.

This is a very sessionable IPA and is quickly one of my favorites. I've never had just an okay beer from this brewery. They are always great. The balance on this one is amazing but such a fruity crisp bite from the hops is again very refreshing and makes this a very hopped but extremely drinkable beer which could some times be hard to pull off I can imagine. This one does just that. Excellent beer.

4.85/5  rDev +24.7%

(review from notes...hard to review at a wedding but,)

Keg was picked up from the brewery this morning so probably as fresh as I'll ever have.

Great hop aroma. Grassy hops and woody northern brewer types. Add in some classic citrus West Coast hop aroma too. A little bit of crystal malt gets through but the hops are the standout.

Golden colored and perfectly clear. Nice 1/2 inch persistant head. Good lacing. Light risisng carbonation in the glass.

Very strong hop bitterness up front. Almost and oily hop flavor. Mid Palate there's a strong malt balance. Lots of sweet base malt and good caramel/crystal flavors too. Follow through is mostly citrussy hops and a little earthiness too. Some fruity esters but for the most part a clean fermentation flavor. Very refreshing!

Medium-to-full bodied with excellent carbonation level. Playful on the palate but not really bitting.

I like Lagunitas but I've never been crazy about their beers. Solid but not extraordinary has always been my impression. But having this fresh keg is a treat. An IPA I always thought was kind of average in it's style/category is actually really above my expectations. I think I finally get what others have been telling me for a long time. Excellent beer!

4.85/5  rDev +24.7%

One of the best IPA out there

4.85/5  rDev +24.7%

A: Amber color with slight hues of red

S: Dank hop aroma and sweet yeast esters

T: The best balanced IPA I have ever tasted it has enough malt to keep it nice and rich but the hop kick needed to tingle the pallet

M: Smooth without lack of density and bite

O: This is my new go to beer and I think Lagunitas nailed it

4.83/5  rDev +24.2%

Pours a clear amber color with a 2 finger width foamy head. Head retention and lacing are both very good. Has a deep, fresh, citrus, piney aroma. Very appealing. Bready, malty taste, quickly followed by a nice piney hop burst. Bitter, citrus aftertaste that persists. Soapy but very appealing once again. Very good IPA. Definitely one of my favorites. Seems fresher than the last one I had because I am rating it higher than what it was.

Lagunitas IPA from Lagunitas Brewing Company