Double Fist - Revolution Brewing Company

Double FistDouble Fist

Revolution Brewing Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

Beer added by: cadaugherty on 12-21-2010

Originally brewed as the 100th beer at our brewpub, this strong pale ale packs a serious punch with massive hop flavor. Intense dry-hopping brings a deep, resinous, citrus blast reminiscent of cutting into a fresh bag of hop pellets.

3.25/5  rDev -20.3%

3.5/5  rDev -14.2%

4.43/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

22oz bomber bought for $9 at The Beer Temple in Chicago, IL. Bottled 4/12/13 ... a touch old, since it's 7/9, but I'll make it work. Poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint.

Appearance: Clear, and dark amber in color. There's a great finger or two of sand colored head that lasts for quite awhile. Sticky lacing only lasts near the top of the glass.

Smell: Just bursting with hops, as I'd expect given the style. Massive tropical fruit-esque aromas sit on top of a slight alcohol note. Caramel malts seem to be buried in the background. Smells awesome.

Taste/feel: Rather than tropical fruits, the flavor has a pretty huge pine flavor with some sticky resin. The front is a lot of pine, then it's grassy, then spicy for just a moment, and then the finish is of rich (and somewhat "dirty" or "dusty") tasting malt to balance it all out almost perfectly. The alcohol that I pick up in the smell only comes through *slightly* as a warmth in the mouth. As I was expecting with this brew, there's a solid body to it with just a slight prickly carbonation that makes the taste buds come alive.

I think I'm in love. This is outstanding stuff. I notice some people say that this is overly sweet, but I don't get that vibe at all. If anything, it's maybe a *touch* unbalanced because of BITTERNESS and not sweetness. IIPAs that I've had tend to be sweeter than bitter, so this is actually sort of unusual for me.

Double Fist is my second and last beer from Revolution that I brought home from Chicago over the weekend... I need more. I fucking NEED MORE. Anti-Hero is a fantastic, sessionable IPA, and this is basically a "World Class" Imperial, in my opinion. Worth seeking out.

Double Fist from Revolution Brewing Company