2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Parabola - Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

ParabolaParabola

Firestone Walker Brewing Co. visit their website

Russian Imperial Stout |  13.00% ABV

Russian Imperial Oatmeal Stout aged for 8 months in circa 1990's Heaven Hill bourbon barrels.

2011
OG: 29.5p [plato]
IBU: 82 [high]
Cases: 3000 produced [LTD]
Aged: 12 mo [time in barrel]
Yeast: British Ale [house]
Color: 167SRM [midnight black]

(Beer added by: largadeer on 03-26-2008)
View: Beers (64) |  Events
Ratings: 3,703 | Reviews: 923 | Show All Ratings:
cjgiant

District of Columbia

4.38/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

2013 No. 0004 per the bottle (82 IBU)

There are enough reviews out there, this is for my recall:

Poured black with a little less head than I'd like, but there was foam at the edges. The smell was classic roasted notes, chocolate in nature blended nicely with the barrel scents.

The taste was nothing special, but also pretty much spot on for what I want in the style. Same chocolate notes from the nose, as well as the bourbon barrel flavors that are pervasive. Very solid.

While I liked this beer quite a bit, the cost is such that I need to consider the occasion for buying it.

02-23-2014 01:08:53 | More by cjgiant
mynie

Indiana

4.09/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.25

After a pathological, yearslong refusal to crack open any vintage of Parabola, I finally cracked and shared a bottle of 2013 with a friend of mine. It was... good, vey good, but not quite worth waiting for.

Tastes like a dense, charry double stout. Big nodes of peat, medium hops, and a very pronounced burn of alcohol blotting out some of the more complex nodes at the back. Intense and tasty, but not as interesting or variegated as I had hoped. The flavors also die off rather quickly in the back end, as the beer's thin body leaves much to be desired.

RISes are getting harder and harder to judge. What was once a world-changing, palette-crushing masterpiece can now seem limp and tame. Certainly, no one is going to mistake Parabola for Guinness, but I really don't see what separates it from, say, Stone Imperial, or Ten Fidy

02-19-2014 00:11:23 | More by mynie
lmperialChad

Colorado

4.98/5  rDev +8.3%

I broke out a 2013 Parabola for the kickoff of Super Bowl XLVIII. The Parabola poured a dark brown/black with a thin off-white head. The smell was simply tremendous. I picked up lots of dark chocolate, coffee, vanilla, and bourbon on the nose. It was one of those beers that I just couldn't stop smelling it between sips. The flavor of the beer lived up to and perhaps even exceeded its incredible scent. The taste made me think of a slightly undercooked dark chocolate fudge caramel brownie a la mode with vanilla bean bourbon ice cream. There were also some notes of roasted coffee beans. Its rich and decadent flavors were a perfect match for its smooth, velvety, creamy mouthfeel. I thought that the 13% ABV was rather well-disguised for the style. An absolute pleasure to drink in every way possible. Insanely delicious. 2013 Parabola is definitely an all-timer for me. Firestone Walker has blown me away yet again with their barrel-aged releases.

02-04-2014 17:33:51 | More by lmperialChad
kbrown

4.73/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

2013 Vintage purchased by A&I in Las Vegas.

Appearance - Dark brown with slightly ruby tint

Smell - Sweet bourbon, chocolate, ginger bread, cinnamon, coffee

Mouth Feel - Extremely, velvety smooth. Best that I have had even though I could do without the carbonation.

Taste - Follows the smell. Balanced, but more prominent bourbon taste than KBS.

Overall- As the label says, "a one-of-a-kind sipping beer".

02-02-2014 17:31:45 | More by kbrown
Kuhuh

4.89/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I wish it was not a limited release so I wouldn't have to drop $$$ to get a good supply of it. Firestone is the reason I started to get involved with the whole beer advocacy. This beer was so smooth with the hints of coffee and the barrel aged. It was beautifully crafted almost being able to take the strands of oak that caressed the individual molecules it touched. Ok maybe that's taking it a little far, but it made me fall in love with beer all over again.

02-01-2014 02:48:09 | More by Kuhuh
Gerasimos

Tennessee

4.99/5  rDev +8.5%

22 oz [2013 Series No. 004] served and savored in signature Lost Abbey Rastal Teku stemware

Appears - light-absorbing darkness; traces of tan, creamy head

Smells - lush; more than traces of licorice and cacao

Tastes - impeccably balanced sweetness and dark chocolate bitterness; amazingly complicated array of layers to dissect: licorice, chocolate, vanilla, bourbon, coffee, oak cask wood and earth; lingering bourbon barrel finish with alcohol ephemera

Mouthfeels - silky, satiny smooth; coating but not heavy; approaching syrupy but with the ideal amount of carbonation to lighten

Overalls - adding my voice to the general consensus of this beer's epic awesomeness; a bomber is almost too much to enjoy alone, but I'll make the sacrifice; a beer that welcomes reflection after each sip; well worth the price even if you're outside the distribution zone

01-25-2014 22:01:40 | More by Gerasimos
JohnParadee

Delaware

4.74/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Holy Fock!! Poured from bottle into chilled pint glass. Deep, dark pour. Virtually zero head, but nice even lacing with infinite bubbles. I almost trembled as I brought the glass to my nose, but the reward was remarkable. Licorice and chocolate dominate both the nose and the palate, but the taste is literally intoxicating. Upon the palate, the bourbon chocolate is phenomenally drawing and absorbing, warm and inviting, and consistently sensual. Mere words cannot possibly describe just how innocently lustful this brew envelops the senses. Both the nose and the mouthfeel expression are intoxicating. Pure rapture in a bottle. I so stunned that I cannot possibly do justice to the experience, except to say that when you get here you will understand what I mean. Pure nirvana...

01-25-2014 03:43:51 | More by JohnParadee
cxr1037

4.9/5  rDev +6.5%

My girlfriend was given this bottle as a birthday gift last October and we decided to crack it open tonight. No real special occasion but I'll say it's to celebrate the health of one of our pet rats. :D

From a 22oz bottle into a Bruery tulip.

Appearance: All barrel aged imperial stouts (BA-IS) look the same: pitch black with a big, mocha head that rapidly dissolves into a solid, tan ring.

NOSE: I wanted to say bourbon, but as it warms it's reminding me more of Armagnac - I think due to hints of cherries. Chocolate, lots of chocolate, with whip cream that makes me think of ice cream sundaes! I'll still go ahead and say bourbon. Vanilla. Oak.

TASTE: The common BA-IS traits are here: bourbon, vanilla, oak, dark chocolate and sweet roasted malts are supported by the barrel's contributions of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Another sip adds a few more notes - whip cream with chocolate syrup...those mental images of chocolate sundaes are coming back! Traces of nuttiness and alcohol.

MOUTHFEEL: Big, creamy body (obviously) that coats the mouth like a sweet dark blanket. There's nice carbonation; a little more than I anticipated.

FINISH: There's a strong alcohol presence. It seems more to me than 13%. The finish leaves my mouth coated in thick sweet chocolaty goodness.

OVERALL: I went into this expecting a standard BA-IS, and that's exactly what I got, which is just fine for me tonight. This is a perfect example of the style; the only real weakness might be the alcohol burn, but truth be told I kinda like it.

For the price/availability for me (in Southern California), I'd recommend this over just about any BA-IS I've come across. Truth be told, I downright like it more than a lot of them I've had recently, including the holier than thou BCBS.

98/100

01-20-2014 03:25:44 | More by cxr1037
danieelol

Australia

4.31/5  rDev -6.3%

Thanks to MrKennedy.

Pours black with well-retained head and lacing. Head is slightly tanned and a bit fizzy, which correctly suggests the body is not "thick" as such.

Nose is a banana split- banana, chocolate, vanilla. Thick and decadent chocolate ice cream. Cocoa powder. Still very bourbon-forward with an earthy chocolate behind that. But a very nice, smooth and integrated aroma. Perhaps a hint of rye/soy.

Taste is coffee grounds, banana. Bourbon. Some gunpowder as the beer warms.

Mouthfeel is about medium. Sour and a little astringent.

Not an endlessly complex beer but an extremely solid one.

Tried a little in a black and tan with Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail. Not recommended.

01-17-2014 03:23:40 | More by danieelol
deadonhisfeet

Kentucky

4.76/5  rDev +3.5%

2011 bottling poured into a Stone IRS snifter. The pour is pitch black, opaque, and very sinister-looking. A rough pour produces a thin, dark brown head that quickly dies down to a thin edge lacing. Mild nose (perhaps it's a bit cold) with muddled bourbon, oak, fudge, and dark fruit notes.

The beer is very full-bodied with a rich, complex flavor and velvety feel. The flavor is amazing and the super creamy feel of this beer pushes it completely off-the-chart. Extraordinary depth and complexity here. I don't think I've ever detected this many flavors in a beer since I first tried The Abyss. Sweet malt, toffee, and milk chocolate up front, followed by bourbon, licorice, and vanilla at mid-palate. Finally, I get fudge, coffee, and molasses in the back of the palate. There is just a whiff of alcohol warmth as the bourbon and toffee return and linger briefly on the finish with the coffee, then it all turns to rich, fruity port.

I am a huge fan of Russian Imperial Stouts and this is a masterpiece of a beer that approaches RIS flavor perfection. I'd love to try this a little fresher so I can get the total effect. My thanks to ThaFATkid for giving me the opportunity to try this. I owe you one, buddy!

01-16-2014 00:46:12 | More by deadonhisfeet
fx20736

4.75/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Bought a 650ml bottle from Beers of the World, Spring 2013. Poured into a chalice, served at cellar temp.

Appearance: Onyx black with no light permitted to pass. 2 finger cappuchino head, decent lacing.

Aroma: Bourbon is well masked behind coffee, chocolate and vanilla.

Mouthfeel: soft as silk

Taste: lots of coffee and chocolate with Bourbon in the background.

Notes: superbly crafted, tasty, flawless. This stout is not as much of a 'character' as BCBS or KBS but it is just unbelievably good beer. I like those two beers more but this is a beer to admire greatly.

01-01-2014 01:18:17 | More by fx20736
SickBrew

Washington

4.68/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Had this beer on date night at Saraveza in NE Portland along with a few other tastings from Firestone. They hit the nail on the head with this one. I think it's a notch above The Abyss! It seems to be perfectly balanced among the style characteristics with no major flavor attributes sticking out in front of others. Well frick'n done!

12-30-2013 22:18:34 | More by SickBrew
Beerampage

Missouri

4.73/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

2013 Vintage. Poured from a 22oz bottle into a wine glass

Appearance- Black with no transparency. Thin head laces nicely with movement.

Smell- Tons of vanilla right off the bat. Dark Chocolate, with a bit of sweetness. The booze is very present in the nose with a long draw. Bourbon. Smelling this thing is amazing. Its hard not to taste it right away, but like all things anticipation makes the experience more memorable. This is my third spin with this beer in consecutive years. I look forward to it each year.

Taste - Vanilla again very present in the front as it was with inital nose time. If you keep it on top of the tounge down the throat, you get the sweetness of chocolate, and vanilla with the bourbon and oak. The finish is smooth with a bit of bitterness from the choclate and coffee. Booze is warming and not overpowering. If you taste letting it spill all over your tounge to the sides and beneath, it just explodes. Fruit comes out with some cinnamon. our friends Bourbon and Oak in the middle of it all. The flavors are just insane, and change along the way.

Mouthfeel - Light dispite its big flavors and dense color. Carbonation is perfect as you get a little tounge buzz from it. Not too boozy, but it makes it clear your drinking a big one. Finish is clean with sweet glazed bitter finish.

Overall- This is tops in this style for me. I'm a hop head who enjoys a strong stout in the winter. This one is as stong as you want, with all the warmth the season commands. The flavor palate is just a perfect celebration of the season. Its your favorite black morning coffee, your decadent after dinner desert, and your evening bourbon all in one. If you see it get it, and share it with those who aren't afraid.

Cheers!

12-27-2013 21:38:20 | More by Beerampage
TWStandley

4.99/5  rDev +8.5%

2012 Vintage shared on Xmas eve.

Poured into my Urthel glass.

Appeared a midnight-black color with a one finger cappuccino head that left some nice lacing.

Smell was amazing. Espresso, vanilla and bitter chocolate. A bit of a port-wine character to it. Nice bourbon burn in the nose.

Taste was delicious and complex. First you are hit with some malty sweetness and vanilla. This gives way to the more bitter chocolate/coffee notes. The bourbon finish is nice - perfectly balanced with the flavors.

Beautiful mouth-feel - silky and smooth, thick but not syrupy. The alcohol played a nice part in warming your throat as you drank.

Overall this is ranking as my favorite beer to date. I am a huge BCBS fan but find this slightly better and more balanced. I love the barrel-aging on this, I think FW hit it perfect. Wow...love it.

12-27-2013 14:54:22 | More by TWStandley
mlhyatt

Georgia

4.84/5  rDev +5.2%

Poured from a 22oz bottle into a snifter

Appearance- opaque black. No light gets through at all and it leaves a nice quarter inch head that lingers for a while.

Smell- caramel and vanilla with sweet notes like candied fruit. A hint of chocolate and coffee. Toffee seems to be present a little but the biggest smell is definitely candied fruits with vanilla. A nice surprise.

Taste - taste the sugaryness of the candy fruit. Caramel and vanilla on the back end that linger until you take another sip. can't taste much coffee which i like. Dark chocolate notes on the front end that releases a sweetness while going down.

Mouthfeel - lighter than i expected with not a lot of carbonation. The carbonation that is present is mild and doesn't 'fizz' in the mouth as much as others. Goes down smooth. Alcohol content is hidden very well. No burn

Overall- very well done beer. All the flavors mix perfectlu together without any particular flavor dominating the palate. I wish there was less of the candied fruits and sweetness in the smell but other than that it is a phenomenal brew that i recommend everyone try!

12-26-2013 04:21:47 | More by mlhyatt
Ri0

Wisconsin

4.8/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

poured 22oz bottle (2013) into chalice.

A - Dark like the winter night sky with a 1 finger brown head. Fades into oblivion with some lacing that also vanishes.

S - Sweet caramel, bourbon, and vanilla start it off. Some bitterness of hops and dark chocolate come in after. Hints of brown sugar and cocoa are also subdued as it warms.

T - This is fantastic. All the sweetness from teh stout and barrel are balanced by the bitterness from the hops. Vanilla, dark chocolate, roasted coffee, caramel, brown sugar, and cocoa.

M - Medium to full bodied with a smooth and rich mouthfeel. Carbonation is good for the style.

O - An amazing stout that allows the barrel aging to help sweeten the bitter stout.

12-25-2013 23:35:20 | More by Ri0
StaveHooks

Oklahoma

4.45/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to pants678 for this one!
22oz bottle served in a Duvel tulip
Vintage 2013

A - Pours black with a thin mocha cap. The head settles down and vanishes while leaving thick legs down the glass.

S - Massive roasted malt aroma, rich bready malts, Amish chocolate bread, caramel/chocolate, big nutty yeast, toasted coconut, vanilla, toasted graham crackers, cherries and other dark fruits come out as it warms.

T - Roasted barley, sweetened espresso, bittersweet chocolate, molasses, nutty brown bread, strong coffee flavored with coconut syrup. The bourbon is light but rustic with a scorched butterscotch character. Dark fruit emerges as it warms. The alcohol

M - Medium full body when cold but once warm turns to light side of medium body, thin but silky feel, the consistency becomes more syrupy as it warms. Warming finish with some bite.

A big and bold flavored beer that is far from boring. The yeast was very strong and nutty creating a very bready flavor, which was a nice change for a RIS. I liked this one colder rather than warm. Once this warms up it becomes a thin syrupy alcohol bomb. The bourbon was there but delicate and didn't overpower the hefty malt bill. Nice fruit components but it's hard to distinguish the type of fruits. Glad I got to try this one.

Drink this big boy cold.

12-19-2013 22:54:59 | More by StaveHooks
roger617

Indiana

4.31/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

2013 bomber poured into snifter.

A: Pours very dark with a thin layer of khaki head that reduces quickly and leaves no lacing.
S: The aroma on this surprises me - it is more subtle than I expected. There are all the aspects I expected - bourbon, coffee, roasty, oatmeal, chocolate.
T: Far exceeds the power of the aroma. Flavor is full of bourbon chocolatey goodness. Compliments of coffee, roast, smokey I'm the background.
M: Carbed well, very easy to drink at 13%. Leaves just the slightest dry aftertaste that leaves me craving the next sip.
O: A must try for any beer advocate. I see this guy traded left and right, I just hope it is enjoyed by everyone who can get their hands on it, and shared by everyone who has the chance.

12-14-2013 00:40:52 | More by roger617
Joshpu

4.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from the bottle to a snifter.

A: Poured near black with a dark brown tinge with a finger of beige head.

S: Bourbon, dark fruit, roasty malts, brown sugar, chocolate. Slight hops. As it warms the caramel smell really comes out.

T: Vanilla, roasted malts, chocolate, tobacco, coffee, caramel. Some hop bitterness. The sweet caramel/fudge brownie flavors also come out as it warms. Very nice balance of sweet and bitter.

M: Medium to full bodied. Very easily drinkable, I barely detect the alcohol. Somewhat thick feel to it. A very nice balance of sweet and bitter.

Overall a crazy good beer. The balance of flavors is amazing. Easily one of the best stouts I have had.

11-29-2013 06:40:07 | More by Joshpu
ryan1788a5

4.55/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

22oz bottle poured into a large snifter. 2013 vintage.

A: Absolute black, as in the absence of light. Little to no head, but this is not unusual for such a large barrel aged beer. Lacing is small and spotty.

S: Sticky dark fudge sauce. Thick, chewy dark caramel. Brown sugar. Hints of espresso and coffee beans. Warming vanilla. Bourbon has a firm but gentle grip on the nose, oak as well. Touch of char and acrid smoke. Bruised prune, fig, and baked apple. Highly complex, wave upon wave of bold new aromas. Excellent.

T: Bakers chocolate, black cocoa. Waves of chewy dark caramel and fudge sauce bring a lot of sweetness. Rolos candy. Double chocolate cake generously topped with a thick chocolate frosting. Mocha and chocolate biscotti. Hints of brown sugar. Bourbon is apparent and assertive, bringing a stiff whiskey punch. It never gets too hot though, as the beer is so big that it can handle it. Subtle fruity undertones of fig and baked apple. Woody vanilla and underpinnings of oak. Hollow hop bitterness, but the counterpoints provided by the oak and bourbon also help to keep the massive malt sweetness from running amok. Infinitely long finish of caramel and fudge with receding bourbon and a kiss of smokey roasted malts.

M: Massively thick and chewy. Very full and round in the mouth with a lot of substance. For all its size and heft, it still does not seem overly weighty. It glides easily over the tongue with a refined and effortless velvety smooth texture. Little in the way of carbonation, but it isn't really needed. Plenty of warming alcohol.

O: Wow. An absolutely enormous beer, but such a pleasure to sip. Hugely complex, but surprisingly lithe on the palate for its size. It's one of the rare beers that not only lives up to the hype, but surpasses it. Firestone Walker's barrel aging and blending programs simply cannot be touched.

Note: Made for an amazing pairing with Sartori Espresso rubbed BellaVitano.

11-29-2013 02:24:17 | More by ryan1788a5
minterro

Colorado

4.46/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Been waiting on this one for a special occasion to crack this one. Today was nothing super special however I could count it as spill over from MSU making it to the big ten title game, along with finishing a small project at work. But most importantly it is my 300 reviewed beer, not rated, reviewed!

Bought from Little's Wine and Liquor store over the summer (maybe around July). The specs on this are all posted reserve series 003 from march of 2012. I believe it was aged 12 months in barrels and it was cellaring for around a year and a half.

Shared with some friends and poured into a snifter.

A&S: Lots of dark fruits and sweetness up front. Surprisingly there is a decent amount of oakyness left over even after a year plus of aging. Not as much chocolate or alcohol as expected. Jet black colored beer. Creamy tan head that hangs around in a very thin layer.

T&M: Upfront a pretty powerful amount of bourbon, although bourbon isn't described in the beer label's description. Decent amount of vanilla present upfront and midway through the taste. A present but not overwhelming smokiness in the finish. Other favors include licorice and some sour tones. Dark & milk chocolate along with some alcohol present in the finish. For the most part the alcohol is well hidden. More mild in the taste then I expected. Very creamy feel, medium to high body and lower carbonation (but not completely dead).

Overall: As with all of firestone walker's beers really solid. I had pretty high expectation for this beer, and it lived up to most of them. I would be interested in trying this beer "fresher". I would say it was a little overrated being in the top 10.

11-27-2013 02:53:15 | More by minterro
vinny21bal

3.64/5  rDev -20.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A very good beer here but a little over rated because of the alcohol in it. I have tried it multiple years and it just doesn't do it for me. I can understand how people can like it. It just isn't my thing. The smell is really good, and the appearance is amazing almost like motor oil. It is just a lot of booze flavor and to big of a beer to sit and drink.

11-17-2013 04:07:56 | More by vinny21bal
StoutItOutLoud

4.24/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

22-oz bomber to tulip, shared. 2011 vintage, courtesy of daniloknezic.

Thick, slow pour, dark as night, very slight red tinge at the edge. Minimal, 1/2-finger tan head fades to a very minimal collar.

Whiskey dominates the nose. Oak, tobacco, coconut. Vanilla with warmth, perhaps toffee.

Oaky bourbon, dark cocoa, stone fruit. Vanilla at the back end.

Agree with many of the observations of Stevedore here. It is not particularly thick, moderately carbonated. Owing perhaps to the predominance of the bourbon on the palate, it is lacking the alegasmic "fudginess" of Baudoinia (or even the 2012 BCBS I sampled on tap last weekend). It is not as creamy or smooth as Black Note. Way too much bourbon, even at 2+ years.

11-17-2013 02:50:25 | More by StoutItOutLoud
SquidLTV

4.69/5  rDev +2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

2013 vintage bottle poured into a 5 oz snifter

A - pours a dark black with a slight off white head that disappated quickly

S - notes of chocolate similar to a tootsie roll, caramel, bourbon and a slight bit of heat hit the nose

T - very similar to the nose. Chocolate, caramel, boozey and with the barrel coming through on the backend

M - medium body with a slight amount of heat. Very well hidden for 13%

O - Big, beautiful, boozey,bangin' beer. #myfirstwhale

11-04-2013 23:37:01 | More by SquidLTV
TwelveOunces

Kentucky

4.54/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

22 oz bottle poured into a tulip
2013 Vintage
review #550

A- Pours pitch black in the glass. A rather large frothy brown head. Pretty impressive alcohol legs as well.

S- Strong bourbon nose. A hint of alcohol. A lot of bitter dark chocolate. Burnt sugar. Leather and a hint of oak.

T- A big dark chocolate flavor at first. A nice burnt sugar and caramel. Sticky molasses. A big bourbon character, lots of sour mash. A burnt oak flavor. Lots of wood flavor. Some alcohol, I did have this beer a few months ago and the alcohol has receded quite a bit.

M- Big and full bodied, some alcohol burn.

O- One of the best out there.

11-04-2013 00:24:54 | More by TwelveOunces
Parabola from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.