Double Jack - Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

Double JackDouble Jack

Firestone Walker Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: ThreeWiseMen on 06-25-2009

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Double Jack Alström Bros

4.59/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

First off-I have had this beer a few times, and enjoyed it enough to do so. This rating is more in line with the norm for two reasons: 1, I enjoy the beer; 2, I have found I am generally understating vs the norm, and have never given a 5 rating to anything in any category (still). I am trying to adjust my scale to consider a 5 doesn't mean I have to achieve nirvana during drinking the beer. That said:

A: clear amber with good amount of head, resilient, with solid lacing
S: at this time, floral (little country-meadow-ish with some grass notes) and a little orange. Smells like "copper" to me a bit.
T/M: mild sweet up front malts, little caramel. Little orange notes in back of throat, maybe a hint of cherry right before... Resin feel comes in, to dry and tug on the tongue. This to me makes a good full beer, my opinion. Have a malt front backed by a mouth-pulling hops aftertaste that lingers long enough to remind you you just had an IPA.
O: mostly stated above. I have been a huge fan of Burton Baton for years, this beer reminds me of it. The malt-forward, hop-backed nature fits right into a more complex taste profile that interests me.

4.91/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Mouth Watering Flower Aroma. Great Hoppy After Taste. This Is Now My Favorite Imperial iPA. I Would Liken The Taste To IthaCa Flower PoweR. The Flower Aroma Was Perfectly BalancEd By A Hoppy, Smooth After Taste. My Brother Who Doesn't Like IPAs Thought It Was Good.

4.75/5  rDev +9.4%

3.5/5  rDev -19.4%

3.5/5  rDev -19.4%

4.75/5  rDev +9.4%

4.25/5  rDev -2.1%

Double Jack from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.