Double Jack - Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

Double JackDouble Jack

Firestone Walker Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: ThreeWiseMen on 06-25-2009

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Double Jack Alström Bros

4.75/5  rDev +9.4%

I find all Firestone Walker beers to be of only the highest quality in all respects from packaging to bottom of the glass lacing. I put them in the A+ category for everything they do. Double Jack is no acception and in this fine product I find true beer utopia.

I buy the 4 packs and find the packaged good finish to present very well from labeling to the caps with the lion head on two and the bears heads on two. Very high class even before you crack a bottle!

I love the first whiff I get once the bottle is opened, the pour, the color, oh and the taste! Everything about this beer makes me happy and I want one right now!

My wife thinks the cost at just over $3 per bottle is kinda steep, but I would pay the same or more for a lesser quality beer at my local brewery. I think it is a good investment as I generally only drink a single bottle in a sitting. I have enjoyed two in a sitting and love the after effect!

If you have not had the luxury of a Double Jack, do yourself a favor and pick up a 4 pack!

4.57/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Day-old growler tapped at Whole Foods in Chandler, AZ. Shared with a buddy, first pints were at 45F and we allowed the growler to warm up while we drank.

A - A little sleepy for a DIPA, lt coppery body and medium carbonation. Forms a strong off-white head though, and decent sticky lacing down the glass.

S - Wow, dialed up the citrus hops in this one! Grapefruit, tangelo, coriander and a touch of honey or caramel sweetness.

T - Grapefruit is strongly present, also a nice complex taste of mango, tangelo and piney hop. Sweetness like caramel, very similar to Brown Shugga in that respect.

M - Real heavy hitter with a nice puckering effect.

O - I had been looking forward to trying this for awhile and excited to get it off the tap. Didnt disappoint at all, highly recommended.

4.46/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.5/5  rDev +3.7%

Double Jack from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.