Double Jack - Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

Double JackDouble Jack

Firestone Walker Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: ThreeWiseMen on 06-25-2009

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Double Jack Alström Bros

4.42/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I always but always have some Double Jack on hand in my fridge. It is a staple in my rotation, possibly my favorite. Citrus fruit and grapefruit are awesome in both nose and taste. I can drink a few of these not noticing the alcohol and it creeps up on you. Who's complaining? Also the finale of many a session for me.

4.21/5  rDev -3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 22oz. bomber into a stemmed tulip glass. bottle date: 10-17-2012.

Appearance: pours a clear dark gold color with a one finger head

Smell: I get a lot of citrusy hops, some grassy notes, and hints of pine and earthy flavors. As the beer warms up the malt becomes more noticeable in the nose, smells sweet and honey-like.

Taste: a nice big wet kiss of hops up front, pretty much a heavy combo of citrus and pine. A very solid malt back bone sneaks up on you midway through the hop trip and becomes more noticeable as the beer warms. However, the 9.5% ABV hides itself well in the medley of hops and malt.

Mouth Feel: Medium body. Good carbonation. However, I was expecting this to be more chewy.

Overall: It was a damn good DIPA, but nothing that really blew my mind. I would put this in the upper echelon of DIPA's but not in the top 5. Union Jack was my first IPA (what an experience that was!) and still one of my favorites. I was expecting my experience with Double Jack to be just as special but it was not.

2.75/5  rDev -36.6%

4.57/5  rDev +5.3%

12oz bottle, pours amber in color with amazing clarity; bubbly white head leaves some chunky lacing on the glass. Aromas are awesome with fresh floral hops, citric grapefruit, honey, caramel, biscuity malt. Tastes are just as appealing as the aromas with sweet biscuity malt, caramel, floral hops, sweetened grapefruit, honey, some pine on the bitter finish with some tropical pineapple and mango making an appearance in there as well - Citra hops I presume. Tremendous balance. Smooth medium body, pleasant carbonation, alcohol is more warming than hot. This one wowed me the first time I had it, and finally got around to reviewing it. Just excellent! A favorite for sure.

3.75/5  rDev -13.6%

4.5/5  rDev +3.7%

Double Jack from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.