Solace - Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

SolaceSolace

good

Firestone Walker Brewing Co. visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.80% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: ThreeWiseMen on 04-01-2010)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Solace Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 426-450 | 451-475 | 476-500  | next › last »

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

xcbrewski, Jul 06, 2013

misterranger, Oct 31, 2012
3.3/5  rDev -9.8%

A: Hazy goldenrod, with a 1/2" fluffy white head. Decent lacing.

S: Clove and coriander, banana, and just a tad of lemon peel.

T: Sweet banana and clove again, almost saison-ish without the Belgian yeast characteristic. A little too sweet.

M: Light and crisp, fairly refreshing. Carbonation is high.

O: Overall, a decent beer. It kind of reminds me of a Belgian farmhouse ale, but not completely there. It is a little sweet for my liking, and the taste just makes me want to have a nice saison.

cb462, Jun 10, 2011
4.58/5  rDev +25.1%

A - Pours a cloudy, hazy gold with a moderate, quick-to-dissipate white head.

S - lemon and orange peel, banana.

T - quick flash of Runts candy, leading to classic bavarian hefe-bananas. lingering but light finish; slighty bready and herbal.

M - not overpowering at all. great carbonation and slipperiness. very well balanced to the taste.

D - very high. I could see myself having a few of these this summer, especially at 6%.

Overall, I really dig this beer. Very well balanced and drinkable. I swear, one day I will find something on here to write a scathing review about.

KhourysBeerGuy, Apr 13, 2010
4.22/5  rDev +15.3%

Pours hazy orange with slight head that fades quickly. The banana and cloves remind me of a German hef rather than an american...Also oranges as well ...a bit of spice from the yeast reminds me a little of a saison...A great summer beer. I love you Firestone Walker

Brewermeister, Dec 26, 2011
2.5/5  rDev -31.7%

jreveles, Oct 19, 2012
3.09/5  rDev -15.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a bottle into a mug. Produces a very thin head which dissipates quickly. Golden with a hint of orange hue. For an unfiltered beer, there is curiously no hint of sediment. Medium to high amount of bubbly carbonation seen around the edges and in towards the middle. Smell is of wheat malts, astringent. taste is of wheat, orange, honey. Feels heavier than expected not he palette and salty. Overall a decent but forgettable brew.

keenberg87, Jan 22, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -38.5%

Appearance: clear golden color

Smell: like a lager

Mouthfeel: mild carbonation

Overall: I thought I'd try something different. Firestone markets it as a limited edition. It should remain that way. To be fair, I usually go for stouts, mostly porters.

ahemahem, May 01, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +23%

meersand, Oct 09, 2013

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a Snifter

A: Pours a bright gold color with a clean, white head. Lacing dissipates rather quickly, Big bubbles mixed in with foam. Not transparent but cleaner than you'd expect.

S: Nice crisp pear smell with a bit of banana and tropical fruit.

T: More banana, clove, and light malt flavors. A little tart and a little sour with a really clean finish. A lot of flavors you'd expect in a Hefeweizen and Saison, nicely blended.

M: Medium body with a slight pucker from the sourness but overall not very astringent. Good mouth coating, light carbonation. Very smooth for a hybrid of these categories.

D: Great replacement for Blue Moon-like beers in my fridge: Light, refreshing, and just way too easy to drink. Seems like it would pair very well a salad on a warm day.

JustinA1, Apr 08, 2010
3.88/5  rDev +6%

Bottled on 06/13/2012

Aroma - citrus, then Saison "zing"

Appearance - cloudy, orange

Flavor - tastes like a mild Saison initially, with a bit of sour in the aftertaste, along with a bit of German wheat clove.

Mouthfeel - light-medium body, medium carbonation

A good beer - flavorful, especially good in warmer weather. However, I thought it was considerably more flavorful last year, when I had it on draft a few times.

Berndt, Aug 12, 2012
4.75/5  rDev +29.8%

lmmayne, Mar 24, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

Not a huge fan of wheat beers and to be honest didnt know this was one when I bought it. Really like the flavor of this beer as it's got a distinct flavor that I dont find in any other weizens around. At %6 it's pretty worthy and very drinkable at that. Has become a regular pick up and turned me around on good wheat beer.

dfbvFBFBDFBDFbVb, Aug 13, 2010
4.5/5  rDev +23%

A: beautiful, cloudy gold color. Small white head.

S: a rich citrusy aroma with a hint of wheat and honey.

T: A balanced and light drinking wheat, with enough citrus contrast to keep your pallet interested.

M: a little bit of sunshine in your mouth.

O: the overall flavor is clean and crisp. A great beer for a hot summer afternoon. A very good wheat with some German roots.

RandyMartini, May 07, 2012
1.96/5  rDev -46.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2

I'm trying not to be too harsh, but I really could not drink this beer. It poured well, had a nice hazy unfiltered look with a descent head (what you should expect from an unfiltered wheat beer), but immediately I could tell that I wasn't going to like it. The aroma was overwhelmingly of banana esters and sweet off 'bubble-gum' like flavors. I took a sip and it was just more of the same. After two sips I decided that I couldn't drink it. It's probably just my personal preference, since I HATE bananas. If it was a flavor that I enjoyed this probably could have been a good beer. Odd that it has such a distinct and odd flavor profile. Oh well....

merman69, Dec 21, 2013

dougflanagan4, May 19, 2013
4.16/5  rDev +13.7%

Nickdrake, Sep 07, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

GeeDubYa, Aug 11, 2014
« first ‹ prev | 426-450 | 451-475 | 476-500  | next › last »
Solace from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.