Misty Rains Of The Quinault - Epic Ales

pDev: 0%
Epic Ales visit their website
Washington, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  7.90% ABV

Farmhouse-style ale brewed with spruce tips.

Hazy and rustic, this beer is full of hops and spruce tips. It's fruity and bitter, reminding one of inhaling the forest air after a long hard rain.

(Beer added by: draheim on 07-27-2014)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.73/5  rDev 0%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

22oz bottle into a tulip... and all over my kitchen counter. Yep, we have a seriously overcarbonated beer here that builds a monstrous head in the glass and then, after leaving the bottle sitting on the counter for a couple minutes to let the head subside, I return to see a big puddle of beer and a cascade of foam running down the side of the bottle... we have a real gusher here. In the glass it pours a hazy, dirty straw color (looks kind of like the dregs in the bottom of a carboy) with a big billowy white head, lots of particulates floating about.

Aroma is sweet and fruity; lots of candi sugar, I suspect, which could be behind the carbonation issues. it actually smells pretty nice. Earthy and a little piney, probably from the spruce.

Taste is likewise both sweet and bitter, with the same piney resinous quality as in the aroma. I'm actually really liking the spruce addition here. It gives it a nice cool, evergreen character. I don't know that this is really a saison, but whatever.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied and, although I was expecting the carbonation to be detrimental, after blowing off all that extra CO2 I think this beer has settled down a bit.

Overall, fortunately the appearance and gushing incident were the worst part of this beer. Once past that, I'm enjoying this.

draheim, Jul 27, 2014
Misty Rains Of The Quinault from Epic Ales
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.