Follow our progress ...

3.8

Mak Bier
Argentina | website

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Andreji on 09-07-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by Andreji:
3.75/5  rDev n/a

So I kept this beer cellared for a year since it was brought to my straight from Villa Gral Belgrano by a friend. 66cl bottle I kept for 10 months on cellar and 2 months in a wine cooler.

Pour is red ale. of course it is. deep amber hue although permissive to light and the head is about a finger tall, just discretely tan looking.

Smell is perhaps the best of it, giving off a sweet, roasty malt sensation with just a very discrete dry hoppy background. somewhat wheaty perhaps, no sense of yeast.

Taste, however, does fall behind a bit, because the prelude the smell gives off isn't matched by a rather bland taste, grainy by all means and seemingly 'unsweetened', with a very soft bitterness to it- am i going koelsch here? seems like it's "neither this nor that" and just too "down the middle" for my taste. Guess what, body's also mi-point and discretely carbonated.

In all maybe it's not their best beer and I believe pulling off a good red ale isn't an easy task, and this is not the best of beers. but I still have to go down to that bavaresque villa and try the rest.

4/5  rDev n/a

Red Ale from Mak Bier
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.