Geuze Cuvée J&J (Joost En Jessie) Blauw (Blue) - Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen

Geuze Cuvée J&J (Joost En Jessie) Blauw (Blue)Geuze Cuvée J&J (Joost En Jessie) Blauw (Blue)

Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen visit their website

Gueuze |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: TheLongBeachBum on 05-15-2005)
4.6/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Incredible amount of thanks to Eric for sharing this bottle at Mike's bachelor-party tasting. I had been wanting to try this for quite some time now. Served in a Savor snifter.

Pours with a nice golden hue and a single-finger white head with some good retention as well as a good dose of lacing and a nice collar after that settles down. Light carbonation bubbles atop the beer throughout. How long they would have stayed, I'm not all that sure--try as I might to drink this slowly, I couldn't really help myself. The nose was quite funky with a bit of sourness. A nice oak presence and a lot of horse blanket. This was just extremely pungent.

The taste had some really nice lactic character as well as musty basement notes and some lemon. Good barnyard-y hay character and a slight woodiness. The mouthfeel was quite dry with just enough carbonation. Excellent funk presence throughout with a good amount of sourness to balance. Amazingly complex, this was a bottle I could have consumed all of, and am glad we opened this outside without losing any, especially given the fact that I believe the cork shot out a good 25 feet or more. Cheers, Eric.

Thorpe429, Dec 07, 2010
4.53/5  rDev -3.2%

I bought a few of these after dinner at De Heeren Van Liedekerke last month, now breaking out the first one. After popping the cork I'm surprised and relieved that it made it home in my luggage without exploding. Huge appreciation for Alex's suggestion to open it outside. While unscrewing the cage the cork started hissing, like a ticking clock in a bomb. A few more turns and it shot like a gun, it may well have flown 20-25 ft to the street, I never heard it land. No lost beer though, glasses at the ready to catch the foam that started pushing through.

This is a classic gueuze, pale golden color with an orange hue, first pours were the clearest while later pours had more haze. Huge foam on top, dissipation leading to some nice lacing.

It smells tart with all kinds of funk. Maybe a little more refined than the 2007 Oude Gueuze Vintage we had afterwards, but it's not far from splitting hairs. A little more integrated, maybe a tad metallic in the nose but whatever, I could not stop inhaling this. Looking for barrel notes I came up with light cedar, probably I'm wrong and that's from some other thing in the beer.

Nice sour bite, some musk and dank basement, all kinds of descriptors that don't sound positive but are. Less wood than in the aroma, less metallic notes, more barnyard funk and dirt. My notes from the Roos I had in October mentioned more citric character than I'm getting from the Blauw. Too bad I didn't try them back to back. A little spicy, but it might be the more than adequate carbonation bubbling on my tongue.

What more to add, if you get a chance to try this I recommend it. If the supplies diminish to the point that it becomes too difficult to land I recommend slightly aged 3F gueuze, both are world class with only small nuances between them.

TurdFurgison, Dec 05, 2010
4.58/5  rDev -2.1%

Rating from January, 2010.

Cork bangs off, pours a clear medium orange/gold with a tempestuous head that just stick around the upper regions of the glass. Epic. Big, funky nose full of light fruits, slightly vinous. A bit light and tingly on the nose. Crisp, snappy, and lively in the mouth. Tight, dry, but wondrously rich and full-bodied. Not the most funky or sour geuze out there, but just so refined, balanced, and lively. Light oranges, lemons dance about a musty barnyard funk. Near perfect really, and absolutely delightful.***After fantasizing about this beer for the past few weeks, the thing that struck me the most was the really lively, vibrant lime and lemon which kind of fizzed throughout the whole thing. This quality really reminds me of batch 3 Sanctification (the really good batch), so that's the closest comparison I would have to this wonderful beverage.

Since the original bottle in January I've had this a couple times, and it's always been ridiculously good. Perhaps that first bottle was the best, just in how much better it was than most gueuze out there. I think I might have had 1-2 better since, though this is epic stuff.

JAXSON, Nov 16, 2010
4.55/5  rDev -2.8%

Bottle shared by speedwayjim at our tasting. Thank you Jim. Poured from a bottle into my tasting glass.

A: Golden yellow hue. Huge white head. It took several pours just to fill my glass. Soapy lace.

S: Initial aroma is full on damp basement. Green apple skins, lemon zest, fresh cut hay with a nice balanc eof sweet and tart.

T: Huge lactic sour puckers my cheeks. Wet old dusty wood and band aid. Mild sweetness in the finish.

M: Dry as a bone light bubbly body.

D: Fantastic beer. So thankful I was able to try this one. I could drink this daily.

beerwolf77, Nov 02, 2010
4.65/5  rDev -0.6%

Bottle poured into a tasting glass. Big thanks go out to Jim for sharing this with us!

(A)- Pours a hazy copper color that produced a huge foamy off-white head that dissipated later on.

(S)- Nice and funky with a bit of musty cheese. Some hints of fruit. Mildly lactic. Has an woody oak presence throughout.

(T)- Funktastic! Like the smell, opens and almost closes with woody aspects, however it does also bring some must and lactic bits to the table as well. Good lemon fruit and earthy flavors.

(M)- A great carbonation level and balance with a funky sourness and very up front oak, but really nicely smooth with some fruits and earth coming into play.

(D)- Just a great Gueuze really. Was excited and honored to try it and it did not let me down.

sweemzander, Oct 25, 2010
4.63/5  rDev -1.1%

Bottle. Nice pop from the cork as the cage is released. Pours a slightly hazed orange yellow with a big fluffy white head that slowly recedes. Pretty funky floral aroma with nice touches of some fruit. Oaky and earthy with some nice fruit almost like blueberry as well. Decently sour and tart with a nice lemony zest type taste but balanced with other fruit like sweetness. Hints of oak and earth. Light mouthfeel. This is an amazing beer with lots of depth. Some peach as well. Ends rather cleanly.

kbutler1, Oct 25, 2010
4.63/5  rDev -1.1%

An enormous thank you to Adam for this one. Shared at a tasting. 5oz. pour into a small snifter. Reviewed from notes.

A: I don't even have to take the cage off this one. Exploding cork blows off the cage as soon as I untwist it. Pours a 2 finger, foamy white head with good retention. Beer is a cloudy orange-yellow. Lacing is thick, layered, and with great cling.

S: Nose is oak, fresh soaked wood, bark, lemons, and a hint of tea leaves. Aromatic and invigorating all around with the characteristic burnt rubber aroma noticeably missing.

T: Opens oaky. Wood is very apparent in this one. Middle is sour peach and subtle papaya. Tart from the midlde to the end. Dry without being puckering. Perfectly balanced. Finishes with an accented yeasty spice. No aftertaste.

M: Light to medium bodied, dry and saliva-enducing. Oily, sticky, and substantial in the mouth. Finish is accented with a sticky aftertaste that is clean for the most part.

D: At a tasting with Millenium Geuze and Crianza Helena, this was the best of its style by a longshot and was agreed upon by most others present. Simply a masterpiece. Perfectly smooth and balanced in both taste and feel. Definitely worth the effort to acquire.

SpeedwayJim, Oct 25, 2010
4.65/5  rDev -0.6%

Thanks to the "King of Beers" Jim for sharing this one.

Poured into a 5 oz. taster glass. Not a proper vessel for reviewing appearance, so my rating for this category is adjusted to create an accurate overall score.

Pours a murky golden brown color. The aroma is very oaky, lemon zesty, dirty/earthy, with a sunflower seed nuttiness.

The flavor is complex but very well balanced. A bit oak forward I suppose (ok, LOTS of oak) with a tart lemon backbone. Notes of peach and a laundry list of earthy qualities.

The body is ultra dry and pretty much perfect for a gueuze.

Overall this is just an outstanding example of gueuze and a blend that is definitely unique and inspiring.

alcstradamus, Oct 24, 2010
4.63/5  rDev -1.1%

Pours a 1/2 finger of off-white head. Great retention. Leaves some lace. Color is a hazed golden orange. Active carbonation.

Aroma: Sour and funky with some oak. Has a fresh fruit profile with some sour lemon zest. Horse blanket and barnyard funk. I get a hint of grapes as well.

Taste: Wow, it is spot on. A perfect amount of acidic, funk, and fruit. I get blueberries with a big amount of oak. Lemon zest and citrus. It has a barnyard funk and hay with some horseblanket.

Mouthfeel: Fizzy, sour, and tart. Light to medium body with a good amount of carbonation. Ends clean with a light funk.

Overall, probably the best gueuze I have had. Very drinkable. I cannot believe how better this is as compared to others. Wow, it is crazy drinkable. I am very happy with this one.

mothman, Oct 22, 2010
3.9/5  rDev -16.7%

Shared by alfrantzell, who was overheard remarking, "This isn't made by Cantillon so it's not a real gueuze anyway." That comment was as real as the Narke Xantus tasting notes he ascribed to me.

A: I had the pleasure of sitting across the table. I was in full adrenaline mode, having stayed up most of the night before; my heart was pounding in the low 100s, and I was staring at everyone with an intense, but haggard, paranoia. When I saw Arne apply some pressure on the cork, I went into The Zone. Time slowed down. I observed his wan, dullard face adopt a soft grin. I saw the cork slip just a millimeter past his fingers. I should have reached out and caught it, but I wanted to see what would happen next. Yes. Yes. The bottle was about to burst, all over Arne's pretty face. Yes. OOMPH! The cork shot out, just inches past his eye. Arne, still grinning, had no time to react. If he had been standing just a bit closer, he'd be a pirate right now.

Anyway, the beer was grossly overcarbonated to the point of injury. It gushed. In our glasses, it poured a faintly glowing light amber / orange body with good head, good retention, good lace.

S: Wood. Tannic as hell. Sulfur, fresh produce -- I suppose blueberries, but there was a general berry / fruit character to it that went beyond just one fruit -- and funk.

T: This is very, very woody (cue largadeer: "That's what makes it amazing! Most tannic gueuze I've ever had!"). Lemon zest, lactic sourness, restrained blueberries and some other fruit (white grape?). Funk was there, but it was not a strong or defining characteristic. It is expressed as horse blanket and must.

M: Carbonation is high, making it quite foamy. Otherwise, the beer is dry, astringent (tannic).

D: It was quite good.

Arbitrator, Oct 11, 2010
4.08/5  rDev -12.8%

Pours similar to the oude geuze. Hazy yellow color and lively carbonation. Smell has a very musty brett character. Earth, mushrooms and sharp lemons. Flavor is strikingly similar to Millenium Geuze for me. That dry, woody, strong brett, and earthy/soil/mushroom flavor is coming forward the most. Lemon acidity is moderate. A bit more acidic than Millenium. I actually prefer this much more. The flavor isn't totally driven and dulled out by that unique brett flavor. Carbonation is prickly on the tongue. Very nice.

BearsOnAcid, Sep 20, 2010
4.47/5  rDev -4.5%

Thanks to a generous Jerz. Managed to take down a few notes in regards to this brew.

Pours a pale gold with a white frothy, gigantic head. The most carbonated sour ale I can recall. Incredibly bubbly, long-lasting carbonation.

Smells like cheese, unripe citrus, a bit of farmhouse/barnyard mustiness, fresh cut hay, and mold. Really smells wonderful.

Taste is very good, but way overcarbonated. The funk gives way to sour tones, though it isn't bracingly sour. Fresh, still-green grapefruits and lemons dominate, with cobwebs of must, dust, funk, and earthy loam add layers of complexity. There definitely is a sweaty cheese component to both the aroma and the smell.

Rich lively mouthfeel. I don't know ... I guess you can wait for the carbonation to die down, but I really feel like I've got to ding the crazy bubbling problem.

Overlord, Sep 19, 2010
4.75/5  rDev +1.5%

Bottle shared with the wife on August 12 2010 at De Heeren van Liedekerke.

A: Inviting golden, pale-amber colored body with was capped by a beautiful craggy off-white head. Lasted for quite sometime and left a healthy dose of soap-like lace.

S: The only thing that outdoes the lemon-lactic citric nature of this beer is the massive musty, oak funk that permeates the immediate area surrounding the freshly opened bottle. Certainly inviting to any gueuze-head.

T: Magnificent. A well balanced performance is put on by the lemon, oak, must, wheat, and tart notes here. This bottle demonstrates why great gueuze can be cellared for years.

M: Quite the effervescent treat here. Loads of carbonation delivers the flavors to the tongue with each sip. Bone dry finish with a healthy, but not overpowering tartness.

D: An undeniably great gueuze. Traveling out to DHVL is also a great part of the experience!

callmemickey, Aug 20, 2010
4.8/5  rDev +2.6%

A - The cork pops out loudly and we were are a little surprised by the bottle gushing. This beer is almost 7 years old and still has plenty of carbonation. Pours copper gold with a pillowy white head that leaves a web and decent lacing.

S - Blauw brings the funk, a soaking wet horse rolling on a blue cheese blanket in a barn. The citric aroma of lemon peel is there with a light oak.

T - A perfect balance is what describes the taste. Not as funky as the nose, nice lemon, oak, white grapes, with a tannic finish.

M/D - high carbonation, tannic dry finish, with decent acidity that does not wear on the palate. The only reason I stopped sipping on this beer was to enjoy the assortment of funky cheeses.

A beautiful blend of lambics that has easily stood up to 7 years, and my favorite gueuze to date.

Now I just need a Roos....

xpimptastikx, Aug 15, 2010
4.38/5  rDev -6.4%

Wow. Never thought I'd get a chance to try this one...xpimptastikx is a hero amongst men for sharing this bottle with me, himself, and two others at a recent tasting.

Blauw sports a creamy, light custard head that is superbly retained atop a hazy caramel-colored body. Aromas of wet Earth and wild berry vines. This gueuze embodies the definition of barnyard funk. Soily, hippy funk. And it is so good.

Vinous greenery bites into the palate, with a soft undertone of fruit and fresh-cut grass. A bit of funk, but Blauw has more of that lactic bite I've come to expect from a good Belgian gueuze. Mouthfeel is uber-carbonated and light on the palate with a nice drying, tannic finish that doesn't wear down the tongue. Paired well with blue cheese and aged cheddar. Such a great beer, and worthy of the hype. Thanks Mike!!

wagenvolks, Aug 15, 2010
4.7/5  rDev +0.4%

Bottle consumed on 7/30/2010, thanks! Opened carefully outside and only lost a few ounces. This was my second (third, if you count the chaos that was Woodshop 5.0) encounter with the beer and I enjoyed it a lot more this time around. I poured it and allowed it to sit for a while, enjoying it over 2-3 hours. The beer really opened up and when the carbonation died down a bit the flavor was incredible. The tannins were more restrained in this bottle, but it is still a very woody and tannic Gueuze. Enjoyed with a Danish Bleu Cheese, I don't know what could possibly be better.

+.5 Taste
+.5 Mouthfeel
+.5 Drinkability

Bottle Consumed on 11/6/2009 and poured into a snifter. I'd heard that this one was a gusher so we opened it outside. When we popped the cork, foam rose at a moderate pace but there was no gushing. The beer pours very carbonated with an enormous fizzy, off white, three finger head. Retention is excellent and scattered lacing is left behind. The color is cloudy dull sun orange.

The nose opens with a nice balance of funk and citrus. There's a moderate tannic quality in the nose with noticeable wood. The Brett is expressive, imparting a goaty character and notes of wet leather, cheese, musty barnyard, and wet horse blanket. There's a distinct white grape note accompanied by lemon peel and an earthy quality. These various elements are superbly balanced.

The flavor opens with tart lemon peel, white grape skins, and lactic notes. It's very woody with a tannic dominance. The flavor isn't as funky as the nose suggested, but there are subtle notes of wet leather and barnyard mustiness. Lactic sourness increases with warming. The finish is tart citrus with wood notes and unbelievably tannic and dry. This might be the most tannic beer I've ever had. It's definitely the most tannic beer I can think of off the top of my head.

The beer is spritzy with a dry, tannic mouthfeel that turns your mouth into a desert wasteland. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this beer. I really enjoyed the aroma, but the flavor fell short of my expectations. I found that the extreme tannic quality detracted from the overall enjoyment.

HopHead84, Aug 01, 2010
4.7/5  rDev +0.4%

This was my 2000th officially recorded tick! Hell yeah! 750ml bottle thanks to alfrantzell.

The cork exploded out of the bottle. Pours hazy golden in color with a gigantic white head that lasts. Good lacing.

Amazing gueuze aroma: funky, musty, and oaky with a slight sulfuric note. Really really awesome for the gueuze style.

Flavor is also excellent. A little funky with a subtle malt note and lots of barnyard funk. A little cheesiness even, but in a good way. Lots of oak and slight tannins. Just a little residual sweetness.

Dry on the palate with good medium acidity and fairly high carbonation.

Really awesome stuff overall. I like my gueuzes with a little bit of sweetness to balance the tartness, and this is such a beer. Too bad it's so rare (although the rarity undoubtedly enhanced my experience with this one).

nickd717, Jul 20, 2010
4.93/5  rDev +5.3%

I have to give a huge thanks to Chris Lively at Ebeneezers for this one. I don't think I ever would have been able to try it without him. These are coming from my notes that were scribbled a little half-assed as I was too busy drowning in the pure awesomeness of this beer.

A: Pours a cloudy hazy peach-like yellow amber colored with a very light head that fades very quickly.

N: Pure awesomeness. A slight yeasty earthy funk is there, slight Brett like nose that doesn't overpower anything, and knows it's role very well. A slight citrus and sour and tart fruit as well. A slight chardonnay grape like aroma too.

T: OH man, my own tongue is melting into itself with pure joy. The light sour and tangy fruit plays really well with the definite but still held in content funk. It's got a slight barnyard funk with a little yeast and dryness, but nothing overpowering. The slight sour/tart fruit flavors just dance so nicely on the tongue. A little citrus, touch of lemon and I think pink grapefruit, as well as that definite chardonnay wine, which also comes with some oak flavors. I've never had Roos, but from what I've tasted before this is the epitome of what a sour/wild/gueze should be.

M: Lighter body with decent carbonation.

F: It finishes strong but light at the same time, almost like a shell of itself. The nice wild funk flavors slowly fade off the tongue and leave behind the really nice sour tart fruit flavors, but less tart at this point. The dryness that comes with it really makes your mouth water and beg for more. WIth each sip I want the next sip more and more, until alas, I'm staring at my last sip (which was about 10 minutes of staring). Nothing bad on the finish, it finishes basically perfectly.

I really have to thank Chris again for this beer, it was just so amazing, lived up to all the hype. Best sour I have ever had by far. All the people in my party (two of us beer enthusiasts and two non typical beer drinkers) all love this thing to death. If only I could get a good supply of this beer, life would be perfect!

jlindros, Jul 06, 2010
4.22/5  rDev -9.8%

The Great Lambic Summit

Pours a mysteriously dark (for a geuze) copery gold color with hige poof of minature white bubbles. The glass is sheeted with lace after each sip. Scent is a wonderful blend of many subduded notes such as barnyard, earth, chalk, horse, musty oak, slight metallic tones even some fruit. Taste is more aggressive than many geuzes i have had, bold flavors from many complex notes including big musty wood flavors, balanced tartness, earth and clay, hints of tart cherry as well. Lighter side of medium bodied, highly active carbonation, light chalkyness, wonderfully dry. A treat that i would not even have put on my radar due to its rarity.

rfgetz, Jun 10, 2010
4.97/5  rDev +6.2%

Graduation Sour tasting- Huge thanks to rhinos00, pecorasc, and beace for making this epic whale sour tasting happen. This was the first bottle opened. Split 4 ways. Reviewed from notes.

A: Huge white rocky head. Ours a nice golden yellow color. Head dissipates slowly.

S: I pick up a spicy aroma. Wrote down that it smelled almost like artificial grape flavoring. Some wood too.

T: Wow. Very complex sour. Not overpowering sour. There is a nice citrus/lime flavor. Super delicate. Little peppery and woody with some brett coming through. Really enjoyed this one.

M: Nicely carbonated and good medium body. Nice tingle on the tongue.

D: This beer went down way too easy. I wish I would have had a whole bottle for myself. This was my favorite sour of the tasting, and there were some other whales at the party. Just an incredible beer. Very lucky to have tried this.

boothbeer, May 29, 2010
4.53/5  rDev -3.2%

Ditmier opened this whale a while back... Eric... Thanks, but my appreciation knows no bounds on this one.

Pours hazy yellow... big eggshell head dies back leaving traces of lace.

Nose is lemony and chock full of dank brett aromas... much more lactic than acetic... honestly, no vinegar is noticeable... dusty funk... My nose is not ready/trained enough for this one.

Flavor is like a punch in the palate... tons of sour and funky stuff going on, yet is very elegant throughout... the barnyard plays a bigger role than on the nose.. dirty earthy funk sorta move quickly into a lemony blast... vinous... hints of other fruit (skins) ... tannic apricot and green apple skins.. tart and musty all at the same time on the long lingering finish...

Good carbonation on the tongue but looks sorta flat in the glass... drys out the mouth with every sip... yet every sip makes me want more... Wonderful.

I am amazed that I had the rare opportunity to try this one.... and try and enjoy it numerous times.... Thanks again to one of the best BA's out there.

4/4.5/4.5/4/5

JohnGalt1, May 26, 2010
4.9/5  rDev +4.7%

Thanks to koopa for supplying us with this beer. First beer opened for the second part of our sour graduation tasting. Poured from a 750 mL bottle into four tulip glasses.

A- Pours a golden, hazy amber. Produced three fingers width of white, fluffy head. Dissipated ever so slowly. Semi-thick lacing was left over as the beer was consumed.

S- So complex. So many different aromas going on here, very hard to put it into words. Had a delicate spicy, wood attribute with a bit of brett and horse blanket. Slight lemon / grape aroma in the background.

T- Extremely delicate, but even more complexity is demonstrated here than in the aroma. Horse blanket with a noticeable amount of oak. Transitions into more acidic lemon zest flavor about midway through. The oak has a solid presence in the background all the way through consumption. Finish is a combination of lemon rinds, oak, and brett.

M- Light to medium bodied. The carbonation gave it a fuller, almost creamy feel. Finished semi-dry.

D- Perfect. The beer was never overpowering, just great balance throughout. Could drink this days on end.

Overall, the beauty of this beer was how restrained it was, yet somehow maintained amazing flavor and complexity. Ever detail was noticed and there really was no apparent flaws. Just a flat out great beer.

rhinos00, May 06, 2010
4.58/5  rDev -2.1%

Served at De Heeren Van Liedekerke, Belgium on 3/21/2010. Bottled September 6, 2003.

A- Poured from the bottle with a billowing white rocky, mousse-like head, which slowly receded with tremendous dollops of white foamy lacing left behind. The body was a hazy golden yellow color, and exhibited some good carbonation. Hands-down the most amazing appearance of any Gueuze I have seen.

S- An amazing nose of pale malt and cracked wheat, perfectly balanced with soft lactic and acetic notes. Nuances reminiscent of lemon meringue throughout and some faint traces of brett.

T- A delicate beer on the palate, and a perfect replicate of the nose- pale malt and cracked wheat in perfect balance with a soft lactic/acetic character. Soft lemon-meringue-like qualities and just a touch of brett. Finishes with a very mild and lingering acidity.

M- A medium body with tremendous amounts of meringue-like carbonation. This is the most peculiar (and wonderful) mouthfeel I've ever gotten from a gueuze. The bubbles seem to massage the tongue like an aerated mousse. Crazy.

D- Umm, yes! This stuff is amazingly drinkable. The price and availability only limit my consumption!

jgasparine, Mar 30, 2010
4.93/5  rDev +5.3%

Generously shared by Chris Quiroga @Wooshop 5.0

limited notes at the end of the night.

Little funk, lots of fruits, vinous. Crisp and refreshing. In the taste you've got the perfect balance of complex funkiness and fruitiness, along w/the tartness. Insane gueze. Best gueze ever? I'm not sure, but one of the best I've had. Makes Duck Duck seem like child's play.

bret27, Feb 28, 2010
4.15/5  rDev -11.3%

Served at a tasting, side by side, with the J&J Roos. First thing is first. The labels of these beers are great. Oil paintings of a silhouette of a nude female torso profile, its just such a pretty painting. I understand that these beers were originally brewed for the brewer's wedding and the roos was for the wife (naked woman on the label) and the Blau was for the husband (naked man on the label). Great concept.

Beer is yellow and hazy, just like the other one. Head is small bubbles, white to off white.

Aroma is a strong funk and completely sour. More funky than the Roos but still amazing smelling.

There is a lot of citric based sour in this beer. This reminds me a lot of a Cantillon Helena but totally different. Beer is tart and there is a slight sulfur taste really late. Overall this beer is very similar to the Roos, slightly less sour, slightly more funk, and there's some sulfur in the palate. I understand that most people like the Blau over the Roos but I'm the opposite. Both are great but the Roos is slightly better.

drabmuh, Feb 02, 2010