Duvel - Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV
Displayed for educational use only; do not reuse.
Ratings: 5,789 | Reviews: 2,550 | Show All Ratings:
Reviews by Dennoman:
3.65/5 rDev -14.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4
2012 bottle straight from the brewery. Had a couple of these at a good friend's party yesterday.
A: Your penultimate sexy Belgian blonde. Poured aggressively with a huge white head, this beer just looks a million dollars with its golden color and condensation on the glass when served ice cold, as it should be.
S: Typical "beery" smells, with a good hop character and supporting malts.
T: Hops and malts, very straight forward. This is great for when you just feel like a beer without citrus, coffee, white oak, chillies or any of those fiddlesticks.
M: Huge fizzy, stingy carbonation. Clearly not to anyone's taste. 10% of the time spent drinking this beer actually involves drinking, the other 90% is belching and apologizing for said gastrical eruptions.
O: It beer. It good. Probably my oldest love and the first beer I actually remember liking. I don't always drink fancy barrel-aged stuff, and when I don't, just give me a few of these and I'm a very happy camper. Burp.
Serving type: bottle
09-16-2012 15:05:52 | More by Dennoman
More User Reviews:
4.39/5 rDev +3.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5
Poured from the bottle into a snifter.
Cloudy pale straw-colored liquid with a light, foamy head that is pretty much massive. The head settles into a plateau with a hole in the middle, like a volcano, making for an interesting look. Steady carbonation is evident.
ON the nose, I get lots of sweet malt and champagne-like yeast. It's very fruity, there's something peppery and some figs and dates.
Fruitiness continues on the tongue, with some raisins and figs and dark fruit flavor combined with a slight lemon zestiness. There's some sweet bread flavors to complement the fruit, although there's also a bittersweet aspect to the beer, something akin to the peel of a grapefruit.
Duvel's got a lively feel on the tongue, some effervescence and a bittersweet bite. All the while it drinks smoothly and has a lighter feel to it.
No need to state the obvious. It's an excellent beer.
Serving type: bottle
04-15-2014 00:05:41 | More by ONovoMexicano
Duvel from Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV
95 out of 100 based on 5,789 ratings.