Simcoe Breakfast - Brodie's

American Double / Imperial Stout |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: pixieskid on 05-30-2012

Reviews by Dennoman:
3.2/5  rDev -15.3%

Draught at Old Coffee House, London.

A: Looks like any old draught stout, only a little light and insepid. Nothing really black about it, it's quite brown.

S: Full-on Simcoe and other hops completely dominate the aroma, followed by sweet caramel and slight roasty notes. Also: booze. Quite a bit of it, in fact.

T: Hoppiness overpowers everything here, don't expect layers or complexity here.

M: Fairly thin, not all that stout-y. Quite sticky and oily though, so it does coat the mouth.

O: Fair dues, as an imperial black IPA I would probably love this. With me, you play a seriously risky game when you call something a breakfast stout, as it heightens my expectations to FBS/KBS/CBS-sized proportions. If it then turns out we're dealing with an utterly unbalanced hop bomb, eyebrows are raised. Good, but not great.

4.5/5  rDev +19%

The only beer I had the chance to try from these guys, but it was pretty impressive. As the name indicates, it's an imperial stout hopped/dry hopped with Simcoe.
Shit was balanced, chocolaty, roasty, full bodied, and hoppy. Imperial Stout, Imperial BIPA, dunno what they would want it listed as but all I know is that I enjoyed it, was one dank jam. Will hit them up next time I am in London...obvs. another CBC tap taste the day I volunteered ;-)

Simcoe Breakfast from Brodie's
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.