Vanderghinste Oud Bruin - Brouwerij Bockor N.V.

Vanderghinste Oud BruinVanderghinste Oud Bruin

Brouwerij Bockor N.V. visit their website

Flanders Oud Bruin |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-08-2000

Label also displays .VanderGhinste Oud Bruin'.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Vanderghinste Oud Bruin Alström Bros

1.5/5  rDev -62.9%

1.5/5  rDev -62.9%

1.72/5  rDev -57.4%

Pours a clear ruby gemstone color with a head that dissapates like a small fart held in and forgotten.

An assertive nose of fermented ketchup bananas that is offensive. I really dont want any part of this as it elicits a visceral reaction, making me physically want to walk away from this beer.

Nonetheless, I gave in and had a few sips: watery, slippery, vinegar cherry, one dimensional, and poof, vanishes.

Dont know if this is a freshness/storage issue but for what its worth, my wife (who could care less about beer) took a sip, and another, then chugged half the glass. She is now polishing it off as i type this.

AJR

1.96/5  rDev -51.5%

This one isn't for me. Had about a half glass and dumped the rest. Too sour, kinda nasty.

2.5/5  rDev -38.1%

2.66/5  rDev -34.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

It was ok but not my favorite. I had two others in similar style. I prefer the lighter colored Flemish ales. Birthday gift from garys in basking ridge

2.71/5  rDev -32.9%

On tap at kraftworks.

A- comes to me with a good finger of light tan slightly creamy head that settles in a second to leave a thin cap of cream on top. Deep dark red brown in color. Like an old ruby.

S- mildly tart cherries, reminds me of my childhood and ludens cherry couch drops. Rather light nose. Doesn't remind me of a bruin.

T- cherry candy, it tart and sweet at the same time but doesn't taste natural. Very little else going on really. Light vinous hits here and there.

M- on the thinner side of body and a bit above medium in carb. The carb does bring a crisp brightness to what is a rather one dimensional brew.

D- decent beginner sour. As I said one dimensional and uninteresting. Tastes artificial the whole way. More of a red then a bruin really.

2.75/5  rDev -31.9%

3.05/5  rDev -24.5%

Disappointingly bland. I had higher expectations having enjoyed Cuvee des Jacobins. I didn't get much tart or sour taste out of this. Fairly refreshing on this hot day, so I can't complain entirely. But I'd definitely rather be drinking something else.

Vanderghinste Oud Bruin from Brouwerij Bockor N.V.