St. Pauli Girl - St. Pauli Brauerei C.L. Wilh. Brandt Gmbh & Co.

St. Pauli GirlSt. Pauli Girl

poor

St. Pauli Brauerei C.L. Wilh. Brandt Gmbh & Co. visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-07-2000)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of St. Pauli Girl Alström Bros

4.75/5  rDev +65.5%

4.75/5  rDev +65.5%

4.68/5  rDev +63.1%

i really love this beer.. i enjoy getting a 12 pack with my buddies hanging out a bsing.. looking at her.. shes a cutie..
light yellow when poured..
tastes smooth.. not over powering with hops or malts..
you can have more then 4 or 6 cand still keep on going and not get a dry palate
overall.. drink it

4.5/5  rDev +56.8%

I try as many different beers as anybody and this is one I keep comming back to. I agree with the reviewer about freshness. It really does make a difference. I don't care what anyone says this is a great refreshing beer and one of my all time favorites. German lagers must be my taste preference. Enjoy!

4.43/5  rDev +54.4%

This beer has always had a special place in my heart, my first favorite good beer. Undoubtedly ingrained in my mind from the pauli girl posture that hung in our garage during my childhood. In spite of how far my beer horizons have grown, I still find myself coming back to this one time and time again, partially out of sentiment, and that I think it's a tasty, easy drinking example style. For those situations where the proletariat demands a macro lager, this always comes through. In fact, we served this at my wedding.

One of the rare times I've poured it into a glass, this time into a nonic pint, it's a pale yellow with a thin white head that quickly fades to a steady skim, fed by the steady streamers.

The aroma is moderate, raw grain, leafy hops, and a sulfur skunkiness.

The taste is also grainy and skunky, a bit of bread dough as well, with a dry, bitter, crisp noble hop finish.

The mouthfeel is crisp and the body is very light. It seems a little watery out of the glass, but I never notice this out of the bottle.

Since I like this beer, I can drink it like water. My go to cheap hot drink a lot brew, it never lets me down...while I recognize that I drank their kool-aide, it's pretty good. Indeed, some girls are unforgettable!

4.35/5  rDev +51.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I really like this beer. Traveled Europe, Canada and SA for work and have had several hundred types. Yes, it is like Heineken but more everything! Listen, people rated Mirror Pond and Sierra Nevada - for it's high alcohol content. People tend to like to get a kick, especially when you drink lots. I'm a PHD and know that from all the alcoholics I see. This is a great tasting beer!

4.25/5  rDev +48.1%

First off, I am bias about this beer. This is the second import I ever tried in my life way back in the underage days. A friend who was an exchange student introduced me to it. As far as "quantity" (not quality) is concerned, it is the number one import that I buy. In a way, St. Pauli Girl planted the seed that grew into my culture of drinking many types of beer.

The beer pours a lighter golden color with a huge head. Very huge head and I pour beer correctly. Also, it is by far not the first time I have poured it so I knew what to expect. The smell is the benchmark I hold for German beers. A bias high marks for it. The taste is a little on the weak side compared to other German beers. What it lacks in taste (for German beers), it make up in drinkability. I would guess that it is a popular hard drinking beer in Germany, but I can not confirm that.

4.25/5  rDev +48.1%

Good bier. It is similar to Heineken but better. It has a golden straw color to it and a clear but slightly funky skunk smell to it. The taste is just a step above Heineken. The mouthfeel and drinkability is very smooth and easy. I really enjoy this beer.

4.15/5  rDev +44.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

This is my staple beer. I keep this in my fridge and have for years now.

A - Pale yellow, gold in color. Pours into a pint w/ a nice foamy head that fades quickly, but laces the glass throughout the drink.

S - Slightly skunky

T - Very crisp, pilsner taste.

M - Carbonated.

D - Tasty, goes down smooth, an excellent choice for an everyday beer.

St. Pauli Girl from St. Pauli Brauerei C.L. Wilh. Brandt Gmbh & Co.