Nobility - Noble Ale Works

NobilityNobility

Noble Ale Works visit their website

(Beer added by: t0rin0 on 01-30-2011)

4.93/5  rDev +19.4%

Batch #2, Re-released 6-17-11
Poured on tap straight from the Brewery.

Pours a semi-cloudy light orange/amber, GREAT 1 1/2 finger head that seems to never go away, leaving a center "pile" in the middle of the glass through out. Finally! half way through the beer, the head wants to dissipate. Sticky webbed lacing that has stuck to the side of the glass since it was poured. Medium carbonation.
Smells of Orange and Mango citrus and maybe a touch of pineapple. with a beautiful combination of Floral and piney hops. Citra NO doubt!
Definitely West Coast Imperial IPA all the way. exactly what you would expect from a very Hop forward DIPA. As soon as the first taste hits the tongue, you get an explosion of hops! Bitterness that follows the brew all the way down the throat! MY KIND OF DIPA! Sticky oily hops stick to the palate long after the drink. I can lick my upper lip to get seconds! Full bodied beer that lingers nice. Taste is the same as the smell. Get the Flowery taste more than the citrus. It's like I licked my Christmas tree. There's a NICE malt back bone that gives it the nice body, more of a soft caramel. And it's nice because the Malt follows nicely at the end that helps to try to balance away the bitterness, if at all. Just enough Malt, but no enough to take away from this CRAZY HOP BOMB. This is one full bodied great DIPA.
I LOVE THIS BEER. I caught Noble Ale Works first release of this beer at Hollingshead Deli, in CA. I was there for a pour of R.R. Pliny the Younger, and I had the Elder to follow and tried the Nobility. I thought at that time my "BUDS" would have been DESTROYED, but I enjoyed it. So this is their "SECOND" release that came out today, and I went down to give it a second shot. I FELL IN LOVE INSTANTLY! If you see this beer or lucky enough to find it..BUY IT! Noble Ale Works is a new brewery so their distribution is small, but I feel this will be one in the making.

4.8/5  rDev +16.2%

Wow, this beer has world class written all over it. Seriously one of the best DIPA I have ever tasted. I still can't believe such a great beer is brewed so close to home.

It smells so fruity and tastes the same. So citrusy and piney. It reminds me of duet but more potent. Definitely a top 5 DIPA in my book. So well balanced. I highly recommend this beer to hopheads.

4.73/5  rDev +14.5%

Bomb ass Beer!! Recommended by Joe at Walnut Liquorette! He was out of Pliny, Citra, and Alpine beers so he thought I should try this one and he was right!!
Sunset orange in color my favorite. Pine pineapple, mango, citrus and sweet malt aroma!!
I don't know their distribution but if you see it buy a bottle! This is extremely underrated and if more people knew about this it was most likely be in ba's top 50 dipa's.

4.63/5  rDev +12.1%

Fresh Bottle poured into my tulip. Sunset orange with a nice creamy off white head that leaves nice lacing as I sip down. The tell tale Citra nose is in full effect, sweet tropical fruits abound. The flavor follows along with nice mango, tangerine and a bite from the massive amount of hopping. The mouth is clean, dry and totally refreshing, not sweet and sticky which I love. Overall I had doubts about this but it delivers the goods if your a Citra fan as I am. Will definitely drink again.

4.48/5  rDev +8.5%

The latest Nobility is a nice step up from its earlier iterations, which were good but at times a little unbalanced.

A: Pours a nice golden copper with a wonderful ½” of head that clings thickly to the sides of the glass. This brew has a very attractive lacing that covers most of the tulip it’s served in as it’s consumed.

S: Piney, hoppy and slightly sweet aroma with a touch of floral citrus that stays until the glass is empty and lingers beyond.

T: Full body with wonderful pine, hops and floral overtones that are amazingly balanced out with a hint of malty sweetness. The taste falls right in with the initial aromas and does not disappoint. From the first taste you know this is a big classy West Coast Imperial.

M: Rich and slightly oily with medium carbonation and enough alcohol to bring everything together nicely. This Imperial has a solid mouthfeel that lends to swishing it through your teeth. Delightful and exceptionally pleasant.

Overall: Special and classic. This has become my favorite locally brewed Imperial IPA. My hat is off to Noble for their wonderful creation.

4.24/5  rDev +2.7%