Sea Witch Watermelon Wheat - Skull Coast Brewing Company

South Carolina, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: SFrankBrew on 06-10-2011

Our Summer Seasonal uses real watermelons along with our crisp, clean wheat ale recipe to create the perfect brew for a hot Summer’s day. If you are looking to escape the heat, Sea Witch will lure you in and refresh you. But, be careful... Ye be warned!

4.54/5  rDev +3.4%

Another win from Skull Coast Ales. Serving on tap from my kegerator. This is my 4th Skull Coast Beer on tap and I have enjoyed them all.

Appearance: Cloudy golden color with fluffy white head. Minimal lacing which has been my experience with most fruit beers.

Smell: Absolutely wonderful watermelon aroma. Wow it smells great.

Taste: Absolutely refreshing on a hot summer day. Taste is of pale wheat with a hint of watermelon with a slight sweetness that is not overpowering at all.

Feel: Medium-bodied summer beer. Fairly light body.

Overall: What an excellent summer beer. What can I say? I bought a keg of it after my first taste. That should tell you all that you need to know. (686 characters)

4.32/5  rDev -1.6%

From my weekend notes: Not a fruit beer person, per se. But, the watermelon intrigued me. Luckily, I got this beer the same day it was tapped, because it was kicked about an hour after I got my pint. It was a nice golden color with a thin white head. Probably my only real concern. The smell was of watermelon. The taste was of white wheat, but it had a slight graininess that I appreciated. It did have a very slight watermelon kicker. Overall, I would probably give this a 4.25, but there isn't a rating of that. The people at the bar obviously liked it too, because it blew the same night it was tapped. (606 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +1.8%

How sad am I? I drove down to Fort Mill to get this beer because it hasn't made it's way to Charlotte yet. It was a very light color. Good head and lacing. The smell is what draws you in. Watermelon all the way. But, here's what I found that it's not too sweet. Thank God! Mouthfeel is what you would expect from a wheat beer. Overall, I really like it. I wasn't upset with myself for driving 25 miles to taste a beer. Again, I think I have a problem... I love good beer. This one fits the bill. (495 characters)

4.42/5  rDev +0.7%

I've been hearing a lot about this beer on Facebook and Twitter, so I had to seek it out today. I work in construction and it was hot today. This beer is Summer brew for a hot summer's day. The color is a light straw color. Almost looks like a Wit. The smell is of fresh watermelon. The taste comes across as a crisp, clean wheat with a hint of watermelon. The thing I like is that the smell follows the taste, but it's not too sweet. It's still a wheat beer, and not a watermelon beer. That's what I like the most. Most fruit beers go overboard. The mouthfeel is good. Overall, I have already drained the first one while writing this review. It's incredibly drinkable! (669 characters)

Sea Witch Watermelon Wheat from Skull Coast Brewing Company