Everett Porter - Hill Farmstead Brewery

Everett PorterEverett Porter

Hill Farmstead Brewery visit their website
Vermont, United States

American Porter |  7.50% ABV

Everett (1908-1939) was our grandfather’s brother; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to him and his 13 siblings. In his honor, this Porter is crafted from American malted barley, English and German roasted malts, American hops, our ale yeast, and water from our well. It is unfiltered and naturally carbonated. Decadent in its depth, with a complex backbone of chocolate, coffee, and malty sweetness, this is the ale that I dream to have shared with Everett.

Pale, Caramel, and Chocolate Malt, Roasted Barley, Columbus hops; Ale Yeast, and our Well Water.

(Beer added by: Brad007 on 08-15-2010)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Everett Porter Alström Bros

4.85/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured this into a snifter.

A: Pours a crude oil, black color with about a finger or 2 of khaki colored head. Not much lacing left along the glass as I drink away.

S: The smell of coffee and roasted malts overtake my nose. A slight whiff of smoke is also present. Some faints smells of dark fruits come through, though not as prominent as the coffee and roasted malts. Good stuff here.

T: Wow! What an experience this is! The flavors of coffee and roasted malts are incredible. Also there is a good smokiness at the end which is something that I've never tasted in any porter I've ever had. The dark fruits that I mentioned in the smell section come through in a mild way. The taste of this porter is like nothing I've ever tasted and it is definitely the best tasting porter I've ever had. This is truly awesome. There isn't an incredible amount of depth, but honestly it's not really needed with the flavors that this brew exudes.

M: A medium to heavy mouthfeel. This beer is so damn creamy and smooth. A very balanced beer and I've yet to taste any alcohol at all. A slightly dry finish that lingers, but not for too long. A pleasant feel.

Overall: This is by far the best porter I have ever had in my beer drinking life. I am truly unsure if I'll ever have one that can even contend with this. The smell of brewed coffee along with the smokiness that comes through when I drink this just make Everett an absolute treat to taste. I only bought 2 bottles at Hill Farmstead and right now I am kicking myself for not grabbing at least 2 more. What an amazing beer. Awesome job, Shaun Hill and co.!!

Everett Porter from Hill Farmstead Brewery