Double Citra - Hill Farmstead Brewery

Double CitraDouble Citra

Hill Farmstead Brewery visit their website
Vermont, United States

An American Imperial Pale Ale bittered, flavored, and dry hopped exclusively with Citra hops from the American Pacific Northwest.

(Beer added by: Chico1985 on 05-29-2011)

3.75/5  rDev -18.5%

4.85/5  rDev +5.4%

4.77/5  rDev +3.7%

4.8/5  rDev +4.3%

4.2/5  rDev -8.7%

4.85/5  rDev +5.4%

3.4/5  rDev -26.1%

Many thanks to baybum who schlepped this thing across many county lines to get it to MN. 750ML growler best by 10/31/14, so I still have 96 minutes. I better get to it. Split with my lovely wife.

The pour is thick, chewy-looking orange with plenty of carbonation…a bit actually leaked out when I popped the top, which is always a good sign on a growler. Smells like 64 degrees in January in Minnesota: oranges, citrus, mango, pretty much every fruit lighter than purple. Not bad.

Double Citra is a nicely balanced IPA, which is akin to saying you liked the dialogue in Star Wars. The hops are less about the ex-bitterness & more about the tropical fruity breezes. Mango, oranges, all the stuff that crept up my nose is here creeping down my throat. The mid-palate is more about the mouthfeel, thick, juicy, sticky, incredibly decadent for a hoppy beer, & that’s what saves it in my mouth. Mild bitterness, big malty sweetness, honey combine to tame the hops & smooth everything out. Smooth is my kryptonite. I’m not having any trouble drinking this, but I won’t be weeping uncontrollably when the glass is empty.

I’ve been consistently wowed by HF stuff in the past, but this one left my taste buds distracted by…I’m wondering who the new Twins manager is going to be. Glad I got to try it. Pretty good.

4.6/5  rDev 0%