Mimosa | Hill Farmstead Brewery

MimosaMimosa

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Vermont, United States | website

Style: American Wild Ale

Mimosa began as an idea: a beer inspired by our obsession with citrus. We built a recipe comprised of our favorite ingredients: Local organic raw wheat, Citra and Galaxy hops, Brettanomyces, and a healthy addition of fresh citrus zest. Mimosa was conditioned for 8 months in wine barrels with our resident microflora. 19º Plato 500 icus.

Added by Jason on 01-10-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Reviews: 51 | Ratings: 200
4.57/5  rDev +4.1%

This is a game changer for me. Most "wild" beers that I've tried have a lightness too them. A slight effervescence if you will. Mimosa is deep and complex.

A rich and decadent beer that pours a heavy golden amber color with a nice tightly bubbled head. Fumes of intense and juiciest citrus roll into the nose accompanied by the scent of freshly cut grass from what I assume is the Funky yeast. It's powerful and intense.

As far as the taste goes it is a brilliant balance of the wine barrel, the citrus (which to me tatstes like tangerines) and the "wild". Just and explosion of juicey taste coming at you again and again. It's sweet, it's savory, it's smooth . . . It's a fantastic offering. Bravo Hill Farmstead.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last