Cream Ale - Blackfoot River Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Blackfoot River Brewing Company visit their website
Montana, United States

Cream Ale |  4.90% ABV

Cream Ale is an early-style of American light ale. This is the lightest of Blackfoot’s everyday beers. Easy drinking and crisp, yet still medium-bodied and satisfying. Cream Ale is brewed from Montana-grown 2-row barley, and a small percentage of flaked maize, which is traditional for the style.

(Beer added by: zhanson88 on 03-27-2011)
Reviews by delalove:

drinkin-beeers, Apr 18, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

thebigredone, May 23, 2014
3.68/5  rDev -4.7%

I thought I'd try something a bit outside of my wheelhouse for my final pint at Blackfoot River. I hadn't had a Cream Ale up to this point and thought I'd give it a shot.

Appearance: This beer comes out a hazy light golden color with half a finger of snow white head. Retention is pretty good, and the lacing is okay. From what I understand this style is normally clear, but Blackfoot River doesn't filter any of their beer. This beer is quite hazy as a result, but still decent looking.

Smell: Hard to get a lot out of this, but I do pick up on some pale maltiness. I also get some light, subtle citrus hops and orange zest.

Taste: I pick up on some light malts up front, and the middle and back end is citrus zest and light citrus hops. The malts and hops are integrated superbly. Overall the taste reminds me of orange cream. Pretty damn good, I can't give this under a 4 here.

Mouthfeel/Overall: Light bodied, but somehow still manages to be creamy with very good carbonation. Overall, a super example of a cream ale. If I had a choice of a session beer, this would be very high on my list.

zhanson88, Mar 27, 2011
Cream Ale from Blackfoot River Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.