El Toro Trio: Hopperweizen - Cismontane Brewing Company

El Toro Trio: Hopperweizen
No picture uploaded.

Cismontane Brewing Company visit their website

Hefeweizen |  4.75% ABV

(Beer added by: t0rin0 on 06-08-2011)
Reviews by t0rin0:
3.83/5  rDev +1.1%

Sampled 5/28/2011 at the brewery. 4.75% abv, 25 IBU. This is a hopped up version of the base Hafer Weizen.

I got a raffle ticket for buying a glass of this and the Hafer Weizen and before I turned to sit down they called my number and I won a free pint glass. Of course that doesnt affect the beer at all, just a random story (involving this beer) that I thought I'd share.

Pours murky golden brown with some nice white head, lacing, and retention.

Aroma is citrus, grass, apple, and banana. Kind of a fruit salad thing going on. I like it.

Flavor is grassy and herbal along with hints of pine, lemon, and wheat all mixed with the requisite banana flavor. I also get some bready cereal quality, which as it turns out (after asking the brewer) is from the oats in the beer, not the wheat. This is the second time that I've ever been surprised (in a good way) by a hoppy hefe, that is not obviously a Pale Wheat Garbage Ale.

Body is light and plenty carbonated.

Ƭίcƙ.

3.75/5  rDev -1.1%

El Toro Trio: Hopperweizen from Cismontane Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.