Oatmeal Stout - Bridge Brew Works LLC

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 1
Reviews by TaylorK:
3.99/5  rDev n/a

My parents brought back a four pack of this for my brother and I. The beers came straight from my cousin Nate, thanks a lot man. Lets see how this beer goes. Poured from a 12oz brown bottle into a pint glass.

A- This beer poured a nice deep black color with a half of fingers worth of tan head that died down to a very thin ring that left a little lacing.

S- Smells pretty robust for an oatmeal stout, there's tons of roasted malts along with some sweet chocolate and bitter coffee. This oatmeal stout has a good aroma. I also picked up a little caramel once this brew warmed up.

T- Just like the aroma, the roasted malts dominate the flavor imparting a lot of chocolate and bitter coffee. There is a slight presence of hops on the finish that helps balance out all the roasted flavors. More robust then most oatmeal stouts I have had, I like it that way.

M- Medium bodied with light carbonation, somewhat creamy.

D- Like most Oatmeal Stouts this beer is quite drinkable, the fact that it is so robust may hold its drinkability back a little but not by much.

Overall I thought this was a pretty good oatmeal stout. The flavors were on par and balanced nicely. This brew was more robust then most oatmeal stouts I have tried and I thought that really helped set this beer apart from all the other oatmeal stouts. Good job Nate.

to view more.
Oatmeal Stout from Bridge Brew Works LLC
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.