Trubell - Bridge Brew Works LLC

No picture uploaded.

Bridge Brew Works LLC visit their website
West Virginia, United States

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  11.09% ABV

(Beer added by: StoutHunter on 02-11-2012)
Reviews by Arithmeticus:
2.5/5  rDev -38%

Poured slightly chilled in the closest clear cup available--plastic.

A: dark orange, lofty head, somewhat neutral carb.
S: malty, sour smell
T: sour, orange, hops, very bitter; this is a vicious strong ale, very aggressive, focusing on tannins and sour flavors

Sorry, not my style of beer, and even in the style, it doesn't show the finesse one would expect from a Belgian.

Arithmeticus, Apr 16, 2012
3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

Swonkie, Jan 20, 2013
4.38/5  rDev +8.7%

I got a bottle of Bridge Brew Works Trubell from my cousin Nate for the holidays. I'm a big fan of this style so I am very interested to see how it is, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date 2011 vintage. Poured from a brown 750ml bottle into a snifter.

A- The label is typical for the brewery and has a nice bright colored background that makes it stick out a little. It poured a nice looking pale golden yellow color with three fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thin layer that stayed till the end and left some nice rings of lacing. This is one good looking beer with a nice fluffy head.

S- The aroma is on the lighter side with Belgian yeast being the first thing that I notice. After that comes some sweet pale malts along with a pretty distinctive citrus aroma and there is a slight straw aroma at the end. The aroma is nice and bright with the Belgian yeast and citrus aroma sticking out the most.

T- The taste is similar to the aroma only much more intense. It starts off with lots of sweet malts, after that comes some nice fruit and apple juice like flavors. The Belgian yeast shows up toward the middle and imparts those typical spicy yeast flavors with cloves sticking out the most. The alcohol shows up towards the end and is hidden quite well, it's noticeable but it's not warming. The finish had a low amount of bitterness with a sweet and yeasty aftertaste. This is an awesome tasting beer.

M- Smooth, clean, crisp, medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was spot on and fit this beer nicely.

Overall I thought that this was an excellent beer that I really enjoyed drinking. It had very good drinkability, it went down very smooth and the alcohol was hidden very well, 750ml is the perfect size for two people. There wasn't anything that I didn't like about this beer, I thought every aspect was well done and there is nothing that needed to be tweaked. If I could buy this beer in Michigan I would have it in the fridge at all times, I highly recommend this beer, if you can find it buy it, you won't regret it. I was really impressed with this beer and so far it is my favorite beer from this brewery. You guys got a winner on your hands with this beer. Nate always hooks it up with good and solid beers but this one is a step above and I hope to drink it again.

StoutHunter, Feb 11, 2012
4.65/5  rDev +15.4%

Poured into an Orval chalice from a 750ml bottle. Pours a hazy straw color with a thin head that quickly disappears. Aroma is of malt, citrus and banana. However, the aroma isn't very strong. The taste makes up for it. A huge attack of malt instantly hits you that then develops into citrus and some alcohol warmth. Honestly, this reminds me more of a tripel than a strong pale ale. Nonetheless, if I didn't know any better, I would assume this is straight from Belgium. Great offering from Bridge Brew Works out of West Virginia!

SmellsLikePoor, Apr 11, 2012

spedprof, Mar 25, 2013
4.16/5  rDev +3.2%

Poured into a tulip glass from a 750ml bottle. Reviewed Sunday, July 21, 2013.

Appearance: Looks like a Belgian strong ale. Nice lacing that hangs on the glass. Pours an orange/ red.

Smell: caramel, malt, and citrus are present along with a fruity banana.

Taste: If blindfolded I would think this was a tripel. Caramel and orange sweetness stands out. Nice alcohol blends into the taste, but never overpowering.

Mouthfeel: Silky and smooth over the palate.

Overall: Of the small, but growing West Virginia brewers I am most impressed with BBW. In particular, I have enjoyed their Belgian interpretations. In my opinion their take on these styles has been very impressive.

This is great ale that I will continue to reach for even as new choices become available!

MarvinSnyder, Jul 29, 2013
Trubell from Bridge Brew Works LLC
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.