The Smell IPA - Social Kitchen & Brewery

The Smell IPA
No picture uploaded.

Social Kitchen & Brewery visit their website

(Beer added by: abaer123 on 12-30-2013)
Reviews by jaydoc:

jaydoc, Feb 22, 2014
4.13/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

this is an aggressively hopped IPA from Social. I hope I am adding / reviewing this beverage in the right location. If not, I apologize. I felt it worthy of a review as I am enjoying it.

I am enjoying this beverage at toronado in san francisco as I write this review connected to their internet.

The taste is aggessive hop. I am not sure if I have wrecked my palette in the last few days of drinking super hoppy beer, but the hop flavor still comes through with the smell IPA. This beer is causing me to want to visit the Social Kitchen here in San Francisco to check out their wares.

A - Cloudy orange in appearance. I prefer a clearer look, so not a great overall score here for me.

S - hoppy, orange, pine, dank. Nice

T - this is where the bonus comes in for me. my tongue tingles as the liquid goodness crosses it. Glory be!

M - Fullness to the brew. wish i could always have this feeling!

Anyway, I recommend it!

abaer123, Dec 30, 2013

mc4z, Jan 04, 2014

Syraquse, Sep 03, 2014

KevMo84, Jun 16, 2014

brotherloco, May 19, 2014
3.9/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Name aside, this take on the IPA was enjoyable enough—although here I am typing up my notes and realizing that means nothing really stood out. Pity that.

It looked great in the glass, with a solid golden color and a billowy white cap. After the foam settled I’d be surprised if there was 14 oz in this ‘pint,’ in fact.

The aroma was the defining characteristic of this beer, and it did live up to its name. I caught this mix of citrusy tangerine and some pine, but what stood out was a wonderful tropical fruit salad. I kept returning to the smell of The Smell over and over to try picking out what it was—guava, pineapple, kiwi? Regardless, it was wonderful.

These notes were present as well on the flavor, but everything suddenly felt muted. Was it the malt—balanced, to be sure—which prevented the tropical goodness from truly shining? Or just the more traditional hop flavors drowned out the nuances? I wanted to really like this one, and I ended up enjoying it but I don’t crave it enough to seek it out again.

elNopalero, May 15, 2014

GarrettFM, May 04, 2014
The Smell IPA from Social Kitchen & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.