Old Time Alt - Social Kitchen & Brewery

Old Time Alt
No picture uploaded.

Social Kitchen & Brewery visit their website

Altbier |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: t0rin0 on 05-07-2010)
Reviews by RblWthACoz:
RblWthACoz

3.7/5  rDev +1.9%

Been a long time since I've had an altbier. I've come to realize that German beers aren't quite my thing anymore.

This is a pretty smooth alt. Fruit tones are subdued and carrying a slightly twig-like bitter tone to it, which shows more as time goes on. Mild spiced tone. Easy to drink. Well executed. Reminds me that any beer is worth trying, regardless of preconceived notions.

08-05-2012 21:14:53 | More by RblWthACoz
Gilmango

11-19-2011 00:47:56 | More by Gilmango
t0rin0

3.2/5  rDev -11.8%

Sample given compliments of the brewer 5/4/10. I wish I would have eaten so that I could review this place and tell everyone how accomodating and nice these people are.

Pours pale yellow and very clear with a medium sized white head. Some lacing and low retention.

Aroma is light. Slight malt and slight German ale yeast and a hint of hops. Seems about right so far.

Flavor is definitely in the right direction but maybe a little more bitter than traditional (even fresh and from the source). Otherwise it's about right for the style. Good balance of sweetness and dryness with a touch of malt flavor. Reminds me of a pilsner (without the sulfur) but a bit smoother. I put in my notes that I thought it might be made with American malt. I guess what this is is a Kolsch meets an Alt. What ever it is it's undoubtedly German and it's enjoyable.

Body is light and the CO2 is medium/high. Drinkable but not great.

05-07-2010 06:42:09 | More by t0rin0
Old Time Alt from Social Kitchen & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.