Breakside Hoppy Amber - Breakside Brewery
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 1 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by throwerbri:
More User Reviews:
3.93/5 rDev -7.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
Had on tap at the pub..
- Great thick crater filled head.. couple solid fingers which overall left rings and foam all over the glass the whole way down.. beautiful caramel amber, slightly cloudy but clear enough.
- Bitter pine and resinous hops, grainy caramel malt bill.. robust and earthy. Light sweetness and floral hops at the top.
- Smooth caramel and grainy husky malts. Nice bitter hops in front which represent some earthy and herbal notes.. pine.. great sweet floral flare. Certainly balanced for a NW hop tongue as mine.
- Medium bodied, well carbonated, and a bit chewy and sticky. Husky grain bill aids to a slight chalkiness.. overall lightly creamy.
- Overall a great amber. The malt bill is spot on, and adds a little more of a grainy homebrew touch. Grains and grains and no thinners, sugars, extracts etc.. perfect hop touch, and a notch above many other NW ambers.
Serving type: on-tap
06-15-2011 02:18:23 | More by Docer
Breakside Hoppy Amber from Breakside Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.