1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Rye Rebellion - Full Pint Brewing Company

Rye RebellionRye Rebellion

Full Pint Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  11.00% ABV

Imperial Stout Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels

(Beer added by: DrDemento456 on 01-11-2012)
« first ‹ prev | 201-225 | 226-250 | 251-275  | next › last »
4.08/5  rDev +3%

12 ounce bottle poured into a Pint glass

A: Very dark, zero light penetration once so ever. The initial pour resulted in about 1 finger of mocha colored head that was quick to dissipate, with a small amount of lacing in the glass.

S: Very sweet and chocolaty, mild hints of spice, and subtle additions of whiskey.

T: Although it was brewed with 4 types of rye, the chocolate rye malts are what are most present to me. Starts off sweet, and finished with a bit of whiskey.

M: For being an Imperial stout it was very easy going on the palate. Extremely smooth, didn't leave much residual in the mouth after swallowing, and had an extremely pleasant aftertaste.

O: Upon reading the bottle "an imperial stout brewed with four different types of rye and aged in rye whiskey barrels" I knew I had to try this brew. After reviewing it, I'm glad I did. It was a great beer, I'd definitely buy it again.

DanielBrett, Feb 01, 2012

alliaphagist, Jan 25, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +13.6%

Starkk00, Jan 23, 2012
4.63/5  rDev +16.9%

I bought this at the Giant eagle off Route 8. Amazing election there.

A: Close to black with copper undertones.
S: A little bit of Canadian whiskey and the sweetness of a great stout.
T: Wow, I've been a supporter of this brewery but this time they really pushed it up a notch. This is thebest beer that I've tasted from Pittsburgh.
M: There is little in way of carbonation but the stout is full flavoured and thick on the tongue as I want it to be.
O: Full Pint has finally it the make that I I knew they would. I hope that they keep producing on this level. If they do then we in for some great treats in western PA.

randylangford, Jan 21, 2012

uvm2003, Jan 15, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +13.6%

lpotter, Jan 13, 2012
4.03/5  rDev +1.8%

"An Imperial Stout Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels"

Found a bottle of this at my local Beer Nutz. Said they already went through 2 cases!

A - As black as a stout can get,viscous, no escaping light. I was surprised with the ABV that I got a full inch of dark mocha head. Good sticky lacing.

S - Faint cocoa nibs, mild roasts, and some spicy rye fill the nose. Not getting much whiskey but it's there.

T - The rye works pretty well in this giving it a bit of drying effect. Body is smooth and velvety with chocolate and roast characters mixing pretty well with the four types of rye. Some whiskey in the taste but it's not very cloying.

M - Medium to thick bodied. Gets better as it warms.

Overall I think the best part of this beer was that it was $10.49 a six pack which surprised me that such big stouts could come in six packs. Whatever it comes in I will be glad to pick up some more since it's a very well made stout.

DrDemento456, Jan 11, 2012