Pazuzu Stout - Equinox Brewing Company

Colorado, United States

American Stout |  8.30% ABV

Beer added by: ScorpyX on 02-20-2012

4.83/5  rDev n/a

A: Extremely dark pour, nearly black. A nice brown, finger-width head sits on top.

S: Rich bitterness in the smell, coffee dominates. A very deep, roasty scent.

T: Coffee is king in the taste along with some alcohol. A good presence from roasted malt. A toasted, roasted kind of flavor that I really like.

M: Fairly heavy and thick, a good example of the style.

I'll be honest, I am a little biased toward stouts and beers like them, so when I get a great example of one like I think this one is, I'll really enjoy them. This is a fine example of that type of beer, in my opinion, and I hope Equinox brings it back. I'd like a growler.

This beer was actually created by a pair of homebrewers who won a competition held by the brewery's attached (and preceding) homebrewing store. I hope that, like Remi's Saison IPA, they get these homebrewers to bring some more from time to time.

Pazuzu Stout from Equinox Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.