2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Brainless Belgian-Style Golden Ale - Epic Brewing Company

Brainless Belgian-Style Golden AleBrainless Belgian-Style Golden Ale

Epic Brewing Company visit their website
Utah, United States

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  8.70% ABV

Brainless Belgian-Style Golden Ale is has a rich and complex malt flavor balanced with a little bit of spicy noble hops and strong influences of fermentation esters from the Belgian yeast used. Various Belgian like Rock Candies, hops and grains are employed to express variations within the style. Deceivingly drinkable, some liken theses ales to Devil sneaking up on you, so consume responsibly.

(Beer added by: JohnGalt1 on 06-10-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 129 | Reviews: 54 | Show All Ratings:
beergrl75

Utah

4.43/5  rDev +17.2%

This is the first beer from Epic I've tried. I have to say I am very impressed. It is a very good beer . I would recommend this beer to anyone. The smell and taste its all Good!! There is no foam and its light in color. Notice how I got a good buzz from drinking half the bottle. I can't wait to try more from EPic..

01-14-2011 01:13:10 | More by beergrl75
GrandTetonHustle

3.25/5  rDev -14%

A: nice golden-yellow-brown color, clear, with good frothy head
S:Fruity, banana and clove, typical of a Belgian
T: Fruity, malty not much for an alcohol taste, a bit of banana and clove
M: creamy, full bodied
O:solid, what I expect from an American take on a Belgian style. First of the epic bombers for me but I will be trying more.

08-09-2011 00:31:41 | More by GrandTetonHustle
pempem

4.94/5  rDev +30.7%

A delicate bodied Belgium strong ale of delicious golden colour with a rich and delightful flower aroma tasting of vanilla, light candied caramel, spicy hops and stronger malt, with a completely clean after-taste. Deceivingly drinkable. This an exceptional beer by any measure.

02-12-2013 17:46:07 | More by pempem
Alkalinesingle

Utah

4.6/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I have been on an IPA kick lately and being in Utah you only get what the MAN will give you. I have found that IPA's are too bitter for me, that is why I am pleasantly surprised to find my new favorite beer, EPIC Brainless Belgian. I, like most of you, search the Utah Isles for decent alcohol content, which this beers falls into. Unlike most of the really bitter IPA'a, this has a rich, flavorful, content that will keep me coming back for more. Not bitter at all. LOVE!
Sorry that I am not as descriptive as some of you beer snobs. You do make me laugh though.

10-26-2013 01:56:06 | More by Alkalinesingle