Raven Stout - Craft Brewing Company

Raven StoutRaven Stout

good

Craft Brewing Company visit their website

Oatmeal Stout |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: FosterJM on 09-23-2011)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

3.25/5  rDev -12.6%

4.25/5  rDev +14.2%

3.25/5  rDev -12.6%

2.11/5  rDev -43.3%

ABV @7% (description says 6%) poured in to a snifter. Local brew, cheap, sounds tasty and I like their labeling. Looks promising.

A: Black with a tan head that looks promising. Small amount of lacing.

S: Yum. Vanilla, oatmeal, dark chocolate, a bit of coffee. Maybe a hint of dark fruit on the back end?

T: Oh god what the hell happened to my beer? Starts with the delicious flavors of vanilla and dark chocolate and turns in to burnt cherry Nyquil. I've never had a beer mismatch so offensively between smell and taste. The aftertaste is horrible.

M: The feel isn't too bad until the acrid burnt tart taste kicks in, and then it's drying and numbing.

O: I really hope they're having a bottle-side infection, and this isn't how the beer is supposed to taste. It started so promising and turned in to a shit show. I was very excited when a fairly local brewery had cheap bombers for sale at the nearest Total Wine but I'd be wary of buying this again.

4.5/5  rDev +21%

2.63/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Just didn't like it. Bad bottle? ABV on this bottle say 7.0 not 6.0. Seemed to have a sour aftertaste. Liking stout and porters, this bottle just did not appeal to me at all. Poured nicely and the appearance was nice; just didn't smell, taste, or leave a good feel. I'm
not much of a reviewer and as I seem to have given this its lowest score might just have been this bottle.

3.6/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle pour for New Brew Thursday's 3rd Anniversary event held at Beachwood BBQ & Brewing in Long Beach, CA.

Pours an opaque black with a foamy dark khaki head that settles to a film on top of the beer. Small dots of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of dark roasted malt, cocoa, and vanilla. Taste is much the same with a vanilla flavor on the finish. There is a mild amount of roasty bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp and medium bodied mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer but it smells better than it tastes in my opinion.

2.98/5  rDev -19.9%

Another stop on my Temecula breweries, even though Craft is in Lake Elsinore. Raven Stout really intrigued me. The appearance was a perfect jet black and the aroma was very rich in vanilla. The taste just dint do it for me. I think I could taste vanilla extract but I may be wrong. That flavor just really through it off for me. Otherwise is was a nice beer. Mouth feel was spot on as well.

Seems to be a real popular one up here though it just wasn't for me but I would still recommend people try it out!

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »