Galactica - Clown Shoes

GalacticaGalactica

Clown Shoes visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

(Beer added by: Neorebel on 04-17-2013)
Reviews by lochef81:
3.99/5  rDev +1.3%

My second experience with Clown Shoes and thus far I am definitely a fan. I almost opted out of this one based upon some of the other reviews but I'm so glad I picked it up anyhow. This ale pours a deep copper color with a slight white head that quickly gives way to a gentle off white lacing. The nose is all hops. Pine and grapefruit and a little grass intermingle beautifully to create a fresh bitter wonderland. The taste further accentuates the aroma, bringing all the beauty of the fresh hop flavors with a roasted malty sweet flavor that balances the beer perfectly. I almost think they could have brewed to a bit higher of an abv and still pulled off a very successful beer. This is an ipa I will return to again and often. Pick up a bottle and you wont regret it. P.s. extra kudos for the bitching 80s cargo van side style graphics.

4.25/5  rDev +7.9%

Pairs well with cannabis. Will get around to doing full review at some point but it's like whatever maan. Overall very good stuff. Had Galactica with Hoptinum and while I mean no disrespect I preferred the former ifi had to choose. I'm feeling strong 4.25 to light 4.5 on this one. in other words i agree with the B

4.38/5  rDev +11.2%

Had 20 oz. of this bad boy on tap at The BBC in Norwood, MA. It's my first Clown Shoes experience and I liked it a lot.

First, it looked great. It was a nice amber color with a bit of a haze and very alive. The smell made me dive right in. Like all best from my favorites in one glass.

But when it comes down to it I'm a taste and mouth feel guy. I need my taste buds to do a dance when they are introduced to a new brew and I wasn't let down. The other thing that will drive me away from a brew is a watery mouth feel but this offering has nothing to fear.

I really enjoyed it and will be on the hunt for their other selections.

4.2/5  rDev +6.6%

4.44/5  rDev +12.7%

3.58/5  rDev -9.1%

12 oz bottle. Pours hazy orange amber with a smallish off white head that goes to a thin film that leaves some lacing.

The aroma is sweet nutty caramel malt (kind of imperial reddish), with some tropical fruit and resiny hops. It's a little subdued.

The flavor is sweet nutty malts with some ripe fruit and fresh resiny hops. The mouthfeel is medium to full bodied with slightly sharp carbonation.

Overall, seems more like an OK "imperial red" type. Sweet nutty caramel malts with resiny hops and some fruit.

3.76/5  rDev -4.6%

4.5/5  rDev +14.2%

3.93/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

On tap at Imbibe. Pours an orange amber color with a short head that quickly dissipates into light lacing. The nose on this is nice, with lots of citrus influences. The taste has more malt influences leaning towards toffee and caramel with some bitterness at the end. A nice medium bodied beer that drinks easily and covers the alcohol content well.

Galactica from Clown Shoes