Ghost Face Killah - Twisted Pine Brewing Company

Twisted Pine Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Chile Beer |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

Made with 6 chiles including Anaheim, Fresno, jalapeño, serrano, habenero, and ghost chile.

(Beer added by: Todd on 01-11-2011)

thaghost, Nov 03, 2013

thegerm87, Aug 24, 2014

MCMASTERSANCHEZ, Jun 12, 2014

ummswimmin, Jul 20, 2013
1.1/5  rDev -63.7%

A - looks like a lager nothing to talk about there
S - the smell is all hot sauce, I do not get any beer smell
T - to hot, it was amusing to taste as a novelty but there is no need to ever buy another one of these - Just drink some “HOT” hot sauce and you will feel like you had this one
M - burns your mouth slowly
O - this is not a beer for drinking, but maybe it would be good as a base for chili -or- just forget it, it sucks

Brushkanna, Feb 14, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -58.7%

Was handed this at a beer sampling without being warned what it was, took a sizable swig and got quite a surprise to say the least. I was expecting a refreshing beer, but instead was left with my mouth and throat burning and gasping for air. I am not sure I would qualify this as beer, so much as alcoholic pepper sauce.
The poor was a nice amber with a bit of lace that quickly disappeared. The aroma was sharp and overwhelming, and I could not discern any hops or malt over the roasted pepper. While I enjoy spicy food, I would have to say that I find spicy beer less than tolerable. I saw this as more of a novelty, but I digress, if a pepper beer is what you are looking for, you may enjoy this, but I personally found it to be just an unpleasant assault on the senses.

mcloud2, Aug 15, 2014

Fargrow, Oct 19, 2013

hmmmbeer10, Jun 22, 2014
1.3/5  rDev -57.1%

Since I like heat in my beer I thought there might be something redeeming about this one. Once I cracked it I realized that the likelihood of this being poured down the drain is high.

Once poured it looks like a severely watered down ice tea. Maybe the only thing about this beer actually that isn't bad is the head which is ok. After the beer settles down it looks like a cider beer.

The smell is horrific. Not really sure how to describe it, and maybe it's best not to try. I'll just leave it as horrific.

The taste, well it's pure burn. Now I'll be the first to say, the beer clearly states that it really hot and I was expecting exactly that. The heat is insane. It's way over the top, so much so that there really isn't any taste, just burn. I think anyone can get a bunch of really hot peppers and home brew something as bad.

Mouth feel, is well, I really can't feel my mouth at the moment. Heat, heat, heat...

Overall, I know it's a gimmick beer but its really bad. I guess if you are someone that likes atomic wings then you would maybe like the novelty of this but it's a really bad beer otherwise. But basically they hit there goal of making the hottest beer ever, but they forgot about taste. Actually, I came back to this review cause hours later I was still thinking how bad this beer tastes. By far the worst beer I ever had.

sjones5045, Oct 13, 2013