Ghost Face Killah - Twisted Pine Brewing Company

Colorado, United States

Chile Beer |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

Beer added by: Todd on 01-11-2011

Made with 6 chiles including Anaheim, Fresno, jalapeño, serrano, habenero, and ghost chile.
2.96/5  rDev -1%

12oz bottle. Pours a clear straw gold with a very small white head that quickly goes the a slight collar.

The aroma is a little sweet malt and chili peppers. It's more subdued than expected.

The flavor is a slight touch of sweet malt quickly dominated by chilis with a big burn at the finish. The mouthfeel is medium bodied with very low carbonation.

Overall, it's a completely one dimensional beer - it's all about the heat and the chilis. But it's definitely the hottest beer I've had. It's not as bad a ghost pepper sauces I've had though.

2.96/5  rDev -1%

12oz bottle.

A: slightly hazy yellow with a bit of thin white head that quickly fades.

S: peppers. veggie green, serrano and habanero and something else hot – mostly jalapenos

T: not as hot as i expected but pretty good as far as heat is concened. Very little other tastes.

M: light body - hotness overwhelms all other sensations

O: a fun novelty beer, glad to have tried it once but will not seek out again. This is pretty much pepper water, no discernible beer qualities here besides appearance

2.97/5  rDev -0.7%

Why does this exist?

When I bought it the staff told me not to do it. I had to try it, aka tick it off.

Pours a reddish hazy gold, very little head even with a vigorous pour.

Smells like hot peppers.

Tastes exactly as it smells, layers of hot peppers with an intense burn at the end.

Mouthfeel is thin and watery, my least favorite part of it, not tons of body nothing backing up the heat.

Overall I feel like they accomplished what they were going for, I have to respect them for that.

I wouldn't have more than one, and I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow, but I would recommended you try it.

A - copper with no head

S - peppers, very spicy, a lot of jalapeno and habanero

T - intense peppers, jalapenos mostly, intense heat in the finish from the ghost chilies but not unbearable; the taste reminds me of the pepper blend that my grandfather adds to his sausage

M - medium bodied, very spicy, warm, well carbonated

Well, this wasn't nearly as bad as some reviewers had led me to believe it would be. I certainly wouldn't enjoy this beyond the 6 oz sample that I had, but I did enjoy it for what it was. If I were to buy this again, I would buy it as an ingredient. I think this would be great in a batch of chili or even in a marinade.

Ghost Face Killah from Twisted Pine Brewing Company