Ghost Face Killah - Twisted Pine Brewing Company

Twisted Pine Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Chile Beer |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

Made with 6 chiles including Anaheim, Fresno, jalapeño, serrano, habenero, and ghost chile.

(Beer added by: Todd on 01-11-2011)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
1koolspud

02-20-2012 02:52:14 | More by 1koolspud
hooliganlife

3.7/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

pours a slightly orangish yellow with a slight haze. some white head that lasted a short bit.

smells like peppers, i mean really. this smells like hot peppers, bell peppers, and heat. can't knock it as it smells like what it is, hot peppers.

somewhere is a faint hint of malt BUT this is all peppers, loads of heat through out. not much else to describe here. its just hot.

burning, tastes like burning. lips, tongue, gums, all numb after a few sips. burning sensation means short small sips.

i dug it, its not meant to be this big flavorful beer, its meant to be hot as shit, and it is.

02-20-2012 02:49:46 | More by hooliganlife
zeff80

1.83/5  rDev -40%

Tried this for the novelty and I hate my mouth.

A - Poured out a slightly hazy orange color with a small, short-lived white head of foam. It left little to no lacing.

S - Smelled fire-y hot with the aroma of peppers. Not much else.

T - Wow! It burns. It just burns. I could only taste pepper in liquid form.

M - I think it was crisp and sharp, but not really sure. It makes your lips hurt.

O - I drank it for the experience with a friend. He may not ever drink any beer I ever pour for him. So more for me!

02-18-2012 19:28:30 | More by zeff80
TrickkyGangsta

02-14-2012 15:58:18 | More by TrickkyGangsta
kansascitytrader

Kansas

02-12-2012 04:07:41 | More by kansascitytrader
DCon

3.28/5  rDev +7.5%

Bought a 12 Fl. Oz. 355 ml. bottle of this from Lukas Liquor in Ellisville, MO for $3.99. Poured from the Red Flamed Bottle w/ a Skeleton Head holding a Red Kerinting Hot Pepper into a 16oz Founders Pint Glass and shared w/ many others (over 10 other people!). Does not have a freshness date on the bottle.

Aroma- Pepper hits the nose with intensity but nothing much else. How could anything else come through on the nose with this type of brew? Not too worried about it.

Appearance- Pours a .5 finger head that dies immediately. Has a light copper colored body and clear. Leaves minimal suds behind.

Flavor- HOLY SHNIKES! This one brought more heat and pepper than I think I've ever tasted in a drink! While the label does insist that you "keep away from children and the tepid of tongue", they did warm you! Not much flavors as far as malt or hop go because the chili peppers included are too strong.

Mouthfeel- Light Bodied, Not sure the Carbonation level, and tough to sip... Nothing good about the mouthfeel on this one. Almost want to pour more into my neighbors glass!

Overall Impression- If you are planning on going to a beer tasting or party, I would recommend picked up ONLY 1- 12oz Bottle of this! I shared with over half the bar @ a Blue Grass Event and no one could go back for seconds after their less than 2oz pour. I definitely suggest buying this just to find out how hot a "Chili" Beer can really be! Unreal, and many faces turned asking "this is a beer?", including myself.

01-30-2012 22:52:48 | More by DCon
Lazerlobe

Washington

01-25-2012 06:26:35 | More by Lazerlobe
nhindian

2.33/5  rDev -23.6%

12oz bottle poured into a Stone Old Guardian glass.

A - Pours an unassuming pale yellow, similar to the color of the mass-marketed light beers. Despite the wheat base, this is unmistakably clear, and you can easily see that it is tepid save for the rise of a few bubbles here and there. Only about a half-finger of ghostly white head appears then fades away without fanfare.

S - The smell is a smorgasbord of chili and vegetal matter. Obviously it is predominantly spicy and the habanero and jalapeno are surprisingly easy to pinpoint (although if I were more familiar with the other varieties here, it'd probably be possible to target them as well.) I am getting maybe just the slightest notion of wheat and citrus, but I can't say for sure if it's my imagination or not.

T - This isn't my first beer brewed with chili peppers, so I'm not exactly a stranger to heat in beers, but wow. That's the first thing that comes to my mind when drinking this. I don't even have time to actually swallow my first sip before the heat kicks the door down. While other beers are a bit more subtle about it, the image on the label should tell you what this beer is all about. Any salvation the wheat could promise is swept away with my tastebuds. The positive about this beer is that you can actually taste the peppers, although they sort of blend together rather than being easier to distinguish. But yeah... I hope you like heat because that and some pepper is all you're getting here.

M - Mouthfeel is light-bodied with low carbonation. The mouthfeel is kind of a wash since it's hard to feel much of anything when the heat is simultaneously burning and numbing it. This beer also has some throatfeel and chestfeel. And probably will have some assfeel. None will be good.

D/O - Drinkability is low. This is a beer in which a little goes a long, long way. I've had this glass in front of me for almost 30 minutes and I probably drank maybe 3oz. The heat is intense, but after letting it mellow on the mouth, it gradually fades into a dull heat throb which isn't so bad actually. Honestly, split this because I couldn't imagine drinking a whole bottle of this solo. I am probably going to put the rest back into the glass and cook with it or something.

01-23-2012 04:27:54 | More by nhindian
Sammy

Ontario (Canada)

3.4/5  rDev +11.5%

Liquid heat. Yellow body with rapidly dissipating white foamy head. Don't get me wrong, I like my chile beers, but this is something burning pain. I am writing this 5 hours later and still feeling it. Its absolutely not too drinkable, so the rest of it is going into my slow cooking stew for later in the week.

01-22-2012 04:36:30 | More by Sammy
sideshowe

01-18-2012 15:02:48 | More by sideshowe
pigc

Nebraska

2.6/5  rDev -14.8%

A - Pours a light blond color with one finger head.

S - Holy cow! Watch out. Peppers, peppers, and more peppers!

T - Holy shit this beer is hot! Blast of jalapeno, serrano, and the infamous ghost pepper. Burns your esophagus as it goes down!

M - Thin to medium and hot, hot, hot!

O - Interesting beer to try once. I split this 12oz. beer three ways with two buddies and not one of us could finish it. Was not even a bit pleasurable drinking it. Had to chase it with another beer. Just crazy hot and I enjoy my share of spice and kick. This beer was fun but...C'mon man!

01-15-2012 03:41:26 | More by pigc
ArrogantB

3.05/5  rDev 0%

Off top this is a novelty beer. Golden color, looks like a beer. The smell gives a very good indicator of what you can expect, smoky peppers, just foreboding in every sense of the word. the flavor is smoky pepper, maybe that is the serrano? It then quickly morphs into heat that is not a joke. I love hot foods so this did not phase me but make no mistake this beer is hot and you will feel it in your tongue. I had to try this beer because I have had good chile beers from Coopersmith's and Stone 11.11.11 but I won't revisit this.

01-12-2012 04:52:08 | More by ArrogantB
jfstilling

South Carolina

01-12-2012 01:49:46 | More by jfstilling
Doodler

01-08-2012 03:02:09 | More by Doodler
Domingo

3.4/5  rDev +11.5%

One of the most "extreme" beers I've ever had, and that's saying something.
Pours a golden color with a normal head. A shade or two darker than most chili beers, but nothing overly unusual about the look.
The nose seems typical at first. I mainly got the expected Anaheim and jalapeno character...but then you get a more potent pepper note that's strong enough that it almost comes off as bitter. The nose definitely lets you know something big is on the way.
The taste is actually right up my alley as far as chili beers go. A slight sweetness initially followed by the taste of chili peppers. It's a distinct savory note, but in this particular case it's more potent than usual. There's also a smoky element to this one, which I'm guessing comes from chipotle peppers. Then all of a sudden that monster rears its head. That "bitter" pepper from the nose hits the palate like a bus. It isn't bad tasting, but it creates a wave of heat and that slight bitterness that takes over. As you swallow, the back of the palate gets hit with a wave of fire. I like spicy foods and I didn't find this unbearable, but it definitely is HOT. I've never used food to take away the heat from a beer before, but I had to grab some chips to tame this beast a little bit.
It's slow going because of the fiery nature of the beer. It's super spicy, which never ruins the taste (my palate didn't seem affected) but the burn pretty much makes this one of the slowest drinking 12oz beers I've ever had. I split my bottle and my 6oz was still more than enough. I did get curious about a beer/cheese soup made with Ghost Face Killah, though.
A crazy feat of a beer that I respect the hell out of of, but I don't think this will be anything I stock up on. I have another bottle I'll certainly drink, but I'm still more intrigued about the possibility of using it in cooking more than drinking it.

01-07-2012 15:38:25 | More by Domingo
Spider889

4.03/5  rDev +32.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

Big thanks to MbpBugeye for sharing this bottle. This was one of the rare instances where a 12oz bottle made it around a 15 person tasting and there was still a few oz left behind. I manned up and took almost 2oz, which, for this beer, is plenty (at least unless it is the only thing you intend to taste the rest of the day).

A - Really light yellow color. Very clear. Minute white head.

S - Smells of jalapeno (which I describe is mildly spicy chile and green pepper), onion peels, and hot red chiles.

T - Very spicy. It;s a heat the builds (and builds quickly), but is excellent for what the beer's aim is. I really enjoy spicy food, so I was enjoying Ghost Face Killah, but I can easily see where this would become overwhelming for the average person.

M - Sticky, almost slimy with long linger bitterness (and chile burn).

O - As far as "chile beers" go, this has got to be one of the best. A fun tick at the very least.

12-29-2011 08:56:37 | More by Spider889