Ghost Face Killah - Twisted Pine Brewing Company

Twisted Pine Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Chile Beer |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

Made with 6 chiles including Anaheim, Fresno, jalapeño, serrano, habenero, and ghost chile.

(Beer added by: Todd on 01-11-2011)
1.5/5  rDev -49.8%

3.25/5  rDev +8.7%

3.68/5  rDev +23.1%

OK. I sought out this beer so I can only blame myself for this. Pours with no head at all. Zero lacing. Zero retention. Aroma is likelike chili oil. Smells like fresh hot peppers just cut. Tastes like chili sauce. The heat sort of creeps up on you. It is just on the pleasant side of hot sauce. Could go very nicely with some Mexican or Thai food. Mouthfeel is heat. Light dry and hot. It is exactly what I would want from a hot pepper beer. I am using overall as drinkability. Holy crap. More than 2 oz is too much. Its a cool experience and a very unique beer.

4.08/5  rDev +36.5%

A- Pours a hazy orange color, produces no head and no lacing.

S- Fuck, it smells just like liquid fire, chilies and more chilies.

T- Massive burst of heat, it actually tastes pretty nice once the heat subsides, has a taco sauce and freshly cut, juicy pepper flavor. There isn't much going on becide chilis, but it's pretty awesome.

M- medium bodied, I can't really tell, the heat sort of obscures the feel, it just feels really hot, has a lingering chili heat.

O- It's pretty much exactly what it says it is, an insanely hot beer, the chilies are actually really tasty though, it's more drinkable than I expected, an awesome chili beer.

4.05/5  rDev +35.5%

A: Hazy, golden ale with a grapefruit pink hue. White fizzy, bubbly thin head quickly runs away.

S: Fresh as a garden. Aroma of green vegetables. Spicy as could be.

T: Very light up front, explodes on the back end with a fire ball of flavor.

M: Feels like drinking atomic hot sauce. A lingering burn different than eating hot food, the cold beer makes it much more manageable.

O: More of a wow factor. Not balanced at all but takes the cake for chile beers. Highly recommended for one time, grab a buddy to share.

4.5/5  rDev +50.5%

3.25/5  rDev +8.7%

look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 1

A: Hazy yellow pour without much head. Looks like it also has a pretty low amount of carbonation.

S: Smells like peppers and heat. Is this a beer or is it hot sauce??

T: Holy Shit. Ghost peppers. All heat. It starts as beer and then just destroys you with heat.

MF: Light, with actually a nice amount of carbonation. The aftertaste is what kills you.

O: Impressive, but damn, how could anyone drink an entire bottle of this?

2.75/5  rDev -8%

Ghost Face Killah pours a golden yellow orange color with a white head.

The aroma of this beer is intense and is a warning to anyone who is bold enough to drink it. The intense peppers and spice are like a kick in the face and are almost enough to burn the nostrils.

From the first sip this beer burns, and it burns all the way down the throat, and it continues to burn for a few minutes after each taste. It burns so much that you can hardly taste anythings else.

Not sure why anyone would drink this beer unless it is on some sort of a dare. I could not make it through a bottle and would only use it for cooking. The beer is just too spicy to to drink and you can not taste anything in the beer other than fire.

3.7/5  rDev +23.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

pours a slightly orangish yellow with a slight haze. some white head that lasted a short bit.

smells like peppers, i mean really. this smells like hot peppers, bell peppers, and heat. can't knock it as it smells like what it is, hot peppers.

somewhere is a faint hint of malt BUT this is all peppers, loads of heat through out. not much else to describe here. its just hot.

burning, tastes like burning. lips, tongue, gums, all numb after a few sips. burning sensation means short small sips.

i dug it, its not meant to be this big flavorful beer, its meant to be hot as shit, and it is.

1.83/5  rDev -38.8%

Tried this for the novelty and I hate my mouth.

A - Poured out a slightly hazy orange color with a small, short-lived white head of foam. It left little to no lacing.

S - Smelled fire-y hot with the aroma of peppers. Not much else.

T - Wow! It burns. It just burns. I could only taste pepper in liquid form.

M - I think it was crisp and sharp, but not really sure. It makes your lips hurt.

O - I drank it for the experience with a friend. He may not ever drink any beer I ever pour for him. So more for me!

3.28/5  rDev +9.7%

Bought a 12 Fl. Oz. 355 ml. bottle of this from Lukas Liquor in Ellisville, MO for $3.99. Poured from the Red Flamed Bottle w/ a Skeleton Head holding a Red Kerinting Hot Pepper into a 16oz Founders Pint Glass and shared w/ many others (over 10 other people!). Does not have a freshness date on the bottle.

Aroma- Pepper hits the nose with intensity but nothing much else. How could anything else come through on the nose with this type of brew? Not too worried about it.

Appearance- Pours a .5 finger head that dies immediately. Has a light copper colored body and clear. Leaves minimal suds behind.

Flavor- HOLY SHNIKES! This one brought more heat and pepper than I think I've ever tasted in a drink! While the label does insist that you "keep away from children and the tepid of tongue", they did warm you! Not much flavors as far as malt or hop go because the chili peppers included are too strong.

Mouthfeel- Light Bodied, Not sure the Carbonation level, and tough to sip... Nothing good about the mouthfeel on this one. Almost want to pour more into my neighbors glass!

Overall Impression- If you are planning on going to a beer tasting or party, I would recommend picked up ONLY 1- 12oz Bottle of this! I shared with over half the bar @ a Blue Grass Event and no one could go back for seconds after their less than 2oz pour. I definitely suggest buying this just to find out how hot a "Chili" Beer can really be! Unreal, and many faces turned asking "this is a beer?", including myself.

2.33/5  rDev -22.1%

12oz bottle poured into a Stone Old Guardian glass.

A - Pours an unassuming pale yellow, similar to the color of the mass-marketed light beers. Despite the wheat base, this is unmistakably clear, and you can easily see that it is tepid save for the rise of a few bubbles here and there. Only about a half-finger of ghostly white head appears then fades away without fanfare.

S - The smell is a smorgasbord of chili and vegetal matter. Obviously it is predominantly spicy and the habanero and jalapeno are surprisingly easy to pinpoint (although if I were more familiar with the other varieties here, it'd probably be possible to target them as well.) I am getting maybe just the slightest notion of wheat and citrus, but I can't say for sure if it's my imagination or not.

T - This isn't my first beer brewed with chili peppers, so I'm not exactly a stranger to heat in beers, but wow. That's the first thing that comes to my mind when drinking this. I don't even have time to actually swallow my first sip before the heat kicks the door down. While other beers are a bit more subtle about it, the image on the label should tell you what this beer is all about. Any salvation the wheat could promise is swept away with my tastebuds. The positive about this beer is that you can actually taste the peppers, although they sort of blend together rather than being easier to distinguish. But yeah... I hope you like heat because that and some pepper is all you're getting here.

M - Mouthfeel is light-bodied with low carbonation. The mouthfeel is kind of a wash since it's hard to feel much of anything when the heat is simultaneously burning and numbing it. This beer also has some throatfeel and chestfeel. And probably will have some assfeel. None will be good.

D/O - Drinkability is low. This is a beer in which a little goes a long, long way. I've had this glass in front of me for almost 30 minutes and I probably drank maybe 3oz. The heat is intense, but after letting it mellow on the mouth, it gradually fades into a dull heat throb which isn't so bad actually. Honestly, split this because I couldn't imagine drinking a whole bottle of this solo. I am probably going to put the rest back into the glass and cook with it or something.

3.4/5  rDev +13.7%

Liquid heat. Yellow body with rapidly dissipating white foamy head. Don't get me wrong, I like my chile beers, but this is something burning pain. I am writing this 5 hours later and still feeling it. Its absolutely not too drinkable, so the rest of it is going into my slow cooking stew for later in the week.

Ghost Face Killah from Twisted Pine Brewing Company