Redband Stout - Great River Brewery

Great River Brewery visit their website
Iowa, United States

American Stout |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: Vdubb86 on 02-20-2011

Cold pressed Redband Coffee Company espresso beans infused into our milk stout. A big stout where a dark rich chocolate milk meets premium cold pressed coffee.
first ‹ prev | 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next › last
4.1/5  rDev -0.2%

Served in a Half Acre shaker pint glass.

Thanks to VDubb86 for sharing this random growler!

Brewed with a local coffee. Right on. it pours a straight onyx topped by a finger of light tan foam. The nose comprises a beastly amount of coffee and a side dish of roasted malts. That is it. Straight up. The taste doesn't really bring anything new to the table, though it seems like the roasted malts have developed a sort of rudimentary collective backbone (though are still held in perpetual check by the coffee), and some light dark chocolate seems to have wormed its way in the door. The body is a hefty medium, with a light carbonation and a rather smooth feel. Overall, a nice coffee stout, though the coffee comes across to me as slightly o'erpowering. This isn't that bad a situation, but I'm not as big a coffee fan as others. (831 characters)

4.54/5  rDev +10.5%

Served in a Sam Adam's Perfect Pint Glass

Thanks to GraniteSkunk for this growler.

This beer pours a nice black color with a tan foam on the surface. This beer smell of wonderful nice lovely espresso. God damn! This beer is coffee, I smell nothing but coffee. From the aroma I assume that there is coffee in my glass. The taste is highly coffee, but there is a nice roast with a dark chocolate backer to it. The taste is of a wonderful coffee flavor. There is enough sweetness to make me happy, and this is by far the best coffee stout that I have EVER HAD. I'm so happy that I've gotten to try this beer. This is so easy to drink. It's one of the better beers that I've had the good fortune to have tried. (712 characters)

first ‹ prev | 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next › last