Diablo Rojo - Boneyard Beer Company
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 80 | Reviews: 10 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by Elimination:
More User Reviews:
4.4/5 rDev +18.3%
Initial tasting on tap at the brewery. Growler to go which is what I'm reviewing.
Pours dark red, minimal head, nice lace. Smooth up front, caramel, pepper. Tart, slightly bitter mouthfeel.
A very good beer from a very good brewery. I wouldn't have discovered this place except for the Bend Ale Trail. This beer, as their entire lineup, is worth checking out.
Update: A mighty fine beer. Updating scores a notch. Initial rating a bit low.
09-18-2011 02:10:10 | More by NWer
3.78/5 rDev +1.6%
Growler fill just minutes ago...
- Great clear red color.. light cream colored foam quickly settled to a small ring of lace and some dusting. Looks like a solid red.
- Nice grainy and bready malt... brown sugar, molasses is light... grassy earthy hop aromas..
- Bready grains, sweet caramel and biscuity malt.. certainly a solid tasting red ale.. the way it should be. Nice subtle bitterness.. grassy, herbal.. light zest.
- Easy drinking medium bodied brew without being sticky or syrupy. Well carbonated for the style, and is a little drying and chewy.
- Overall a solid NW style red ale. Proper color, malt bill, and hop flare. Overall doesn't stand out too much, but is certainly a good standard.
10-25-2011 22:12:32 | More by Docer
3.61/5 rDev -3%
on-tap @ Henry's Tavern.
Arrives a clear, amber red with a thin, foamy white head.
A bit subdued in the nose and taste, but what I did pick up was a balance of grainy, lightly sweet pale malts and earthy, floral hops.
Medium+ body with average, bubbly carbonation.
A bit tough to place this one, as I found it enjoyable and tasty, but the flavors did seem a bit subdued at times.
03-10-2013 05:45:53 | More by vkv822
Diablo Rojo from Boneyard Beer Company
84 out of 100 based on 80 ratings.