Suge Knite - Boneyard Beer Company

No picture uploaded.

Boneyard Beer Company visit their website
Oregon, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  14.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Elimination on 04-05-2011)

AxesandAnchors, Nov 21, 2012

steinz, Dec 11, 2012

BigJYoungblood, Feb 26, 2014

VAcrossr, Jun 02, 2012
4.73/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I had this first at the Little Woody Barrel Aged Brewfest in Bend, OR, had to wait in line for my 4 oz serving, well worth the 5 minutes. This summer I had a growler filled!
This beer pours very dark, virtually black, small foam, dissaptes rapidly, great appearance.
It fills the nose with a complex array of malt, too much to describe - at least by me.
For me, near the apex of an Imperial Stout, deep, dark, full of flavor, great after taste.
Feel full on the palate, no fizz, smooth.
Overall probably my favorite, I would choose this over the Abyss, but barely.

GWBendOR, Jul 09, 2012
4.7/5  rDev +8.8%

Lucky to have this one hand-bottled from Tony. It's not as dark on the pour as I was expecting, black-brown for the most part with some ruby highlights on the edges. Kind of a nice change from the thick opaque black stouts that come rumbling through (I like those too, though). Head is small and tan, small potentially because of the hand-bottling or the ABV. Overall, a good looking beer.

Nose is not overpowering, but very good. I'm talking smoke, rawhide, chocolate, dark malts. Flavor really turns it to 11 then adding in roasted notes, more smoke, dark chocolate undertones, more leather, a brief crack of pine hops. Just delicious. Reminds me a bit of Abyss, and (I think) it's every bit as good.

MF is smooth, creamy, full. Really pleasant, velvety. Overall, this beer was exceptional--really up there with the big stouts out there, and if it were in bottles, I'm sure it would age with the best of them. Boneyard is making some really great stuff, if you are in the area, make sure it check them out!

LordAdmNelson, Jun 19, 2011
4.63/5  rDev +7.2%

Well, I am a huge boneyard fan, and have been since they opened. So naturally when I heard they had a 14 percent stout, I had to run down asap!

Appearance is pitch black, blacker than anything you could pour into a glass. A thin white/mocha head grabbing to the side of the glass holding on for dear help, trying to get away from the power of this beast.

Smell of in your face chocolate, roasty coffee, slightly burnt grain, and booze, tons of sweet delicious booze. Many people like it when they cant sense any alcohol in something, but when you approach this level of abv, I say bring it on!!! It really showcases a lot of how american Imperial stouts should. I dont like it subtle, I want it to feel like im drinking something strong.

Taste is a lot of darker smokey coffee, dark cacao chocolate, very roasted almonds, a bit of salty almost crunchy pretzel. The booze is here, but I consider it like whiskey, its something that plays with the tongue yet is inviting with the sting that lingers.

Mouthfeel is rather light, per style this might not be correct but it makes it very easy drinking honestly. Has strong carb, with the alcohol bite it stings a bit and almost tickles.

Overall yes I did rate some 4.5s but a 5 overall. I have a perfect reason for that, a stout like this is hard to find, I love getting something so strong it makes peoples jaw drop when I tell them the abv, let alone if they can get a taste of it.

Elimination, Apr 05, 2011