Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Grimm Brothers Brewhouse
Colorado, United States | website

Style: Rauchbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by denver10 on 02-18-2014

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
4.03/5  rDev +5.8%

On the Growler station at Liquor Shed. I bought a Howler.

Pours a dark gold/mahogany. Smallish head of foam but it lasts.

Such a smokie nose; reminds me of some jerky I have had in the past. No sweet or bitter notes that I can pull.

Smokey taste and I don't mean on the mild side. Again, reminds of some of the better jerky I have tasted in the past. Nothing bitter here, only a hint of sweet. Could be some roasted malt intermingled with that tasty smoke.

Kinda light bodied with light carbonation.

Very enjoyable Rauchbier and I bought a Howler's worth; any more than that and I would have to set it aside for another visit. The smokey brews don't have the greatest drinkability but at the right pace, they do the job right.

3.47/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours amber with an off white head. Aroma is smokey, a ta little sweet caramel, and a little cracker. Flavor starts off smokey and transitions nicely to a clean, grassy, crackery finish with a touch of caramel in there too. A light, active mouthfeel. Overall, not a smoked beer fan but thought this was alright. Would drink again, though probably wont.

Dragonslayer from Grimm Brothers Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.