Two Dogs IPA - Coalition Brewing Co.
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 25 | Reviews: 5 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by GilGarp:
More User Reviews:
3.73/5 rDev +5.4%
Had this on tap as my first regular beer from the brewer, and pub.
- Somewhat clear, and darker than usual IPA.. more amber, and copper in color.. light/minimal head.. some lacing about the glass. Quite simple.
- Nice fruity aroma, with a bitter grassy hop flare.. light caramel malt, slight roasty touch. Grainy, and a touch of zest.
- Fruity apricot sits lightly in the caramel malt, very nice bittering hops. Love a good IPA that focuses more on the bitter other than the aroma and flavor hops. Great bitterness, and a smooth citrus lightly sweet profile.
- Rather average mouth feel. Well carbonated, bubbly almost. Drying from the bitterness. Slightly sticky.
- Overall this is a solid IPA, and unique in that it used apricot to help the malt out. It's nice to see an IPA where some of the focus is on the malt, and not all of the hops though the bitterness is this IPA's highlight.
06-06-2011 03:15:20 | More by Docer
3.43/5 rDev -3.1%
Poured from a bomber into a large tulip.
A - Slightly darker then "normal" west coast IPA but within style. Nice creamy head, didn't last too long.
S - Robust dank citrus hops, not too sweet smelling.
T - Taste is way thicker then I'd expect from a 5.x % IPA. Lots of malt flavour happening with a fair but not overwhelming hoppiness.
M - Thicker then most ipas, more in tune with an amber. Good carbonation.
O - A nice beer to have slowly when you aren't planning on a big session. Not a real hop bomb and quite thick feeling, I doubt I could drink more then a bomber in an evening without feeling very full.
08-02-2012 17:47:45 | More by Dijeriduster
3.78/5 rDev +6.8%
Poured from tap at Coalition brewing.
Another good but not exceptional brew from Coalition. It's tough to really get into this IPA after tasting their phenomenal red ale and moving on to their impressive porter.
Pours a good gold/copper hue with very low head and average retention. Smells of hop oils with some citrus and a bit herbaceous. Taste profile is all about the herbs and fruit with hops adding delicately to the back. Texture is good but nothing to write home about. Finishes nicely.
A good IPA with a respectable ABV. Not the powerhouse IPA one would expect from most NW breweries. It's in a style similar to Full Sail I would say. Taste this, but order the ESB or Red Ale by the pint.
08-08-2011 22:46:08 | More by cbarrett4
3.55/5 rDev +0.3%
22oz bottle from "Lifesource" in Salem OR. $4.99 Pours a deep golden colour with a large frothy,creamy off white head. Aromas of fresh spruce,orange peel and lemon zest hops..caramel malt backing. Taste much the same as the aroma..with the lemon and spruce dominating..rather soapy character develops at the end..malts thin in this one. Mouth feel is medium to thin..not too bad really. Run of the mill IPA..on the drinkable side though
11-11-2013 04:21:15 | More by Reidrover
3.56/5 rDev +0.6%
Hazy, darky murky gold with a small off-white head leaving scattered lace.
Smell is sweet citrus hops, some resin, pine. Nice brightness.
Taste is hoppy, with a pretty heft does of phenols, malty as well. Low bitterness, pretty quick finish.
Mouthfeel is on the chewy side, especially considering the gravity.
Drinkability pretty good, taste is pretty solid, but I could use less phenols and lighter body.
02-10-2013 02:42:55 | More by ccrida
Two Dogs IPA from Coalition Brewing Co.
81 out of 100 based on 25 ratings.