Hoparillo - Knee Deep Brewing Company

HoparilloHoparillo

Knee Deep Brewing Company visit their website

Triple IPA brewed and dry hopped with large amounts of Citra, Mosaic and Amarillo hops that delivers exploding tropical fruit and citrus aromas and flavor. Intense hop aromas that are sure to stimulate your olfactory receptors.

(Beer added by: KevT on 07-02-2013)
3.5/5  rDev -16.5%

JohnParadee, Yesterday at 03:19 PM
4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

I'd say this isn't too far from a Simtra. I like this Triple IPA

TATTSNSNAPBACKS, Yesterday at 02:50 PM
4.32/5  rDev +3.1%

zerosiah, Sunday at 04:52 PM
4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

Another great hop bomb from Knee Deep. Hop Shortage is still my favorite from them but this one is right there with Hoptologist. I think I'll have another.

Hophazzard, Saturday at 06:02 AM
4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

Rapidly diminishing off white head with a caramel color. Lighter in color than I was expecting but this is my first triple IPA. The aroma is strong but dissipates with the head, lots of citrus and flowers. Some notes of alcohol after head is gone. The taste has some light citrus grapefruit flavors that give way to the caramel sweetness from the malt. The body is a little heavier than your normal IPA but you can feel the alcohol warming in your stomach.

i4ourgot, Friday at 05:22 AM

staaaaalin, Thursday at 10:00 PM
4.35/5  rDev +3.8%

KevBot89, Thursday at 07:32 PM
3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

Ours was just a bit oxidized in the bottle here, but the hooping is enormous and delicious just the same. Honey colored and textured brew with a great big white head. The aroma is mostly mosaic and some leftover dextrose for abv purposes. The alcohol is really exposed in the sweet finish of this beer, it's a little much for me, but I like how the hops are more middle palate than finishing. It lets that fruity mosaic last longer, although the booze sort of interferes with the hop experience at least for me. Thick on the palate, frothy and big in feel, I like this a lot but think it would be a much better brew at closer to eight percent abv

StonedTrippin, Thursday at 02:51 PM
4.8/5  rDev +14.6%

Lukass, Thursday at 01:09 AM
3.8/5  rDev -9.3%

Iparedman, Sep 10, 2014

jklecko2, Sep 06, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +7.4%

Pours golden with a amarillo hop nose. The draw is clean with a burst of citrus and hops. This does not taste like a heavy beer and could be mistaken as a DIPA. But the hidden ABV needs to be heeded at 11%. Great drinking beer on any hot day.

McSmack, Sep 06, 2014

SDRedDevil, Sep 03, 2014

GoGators, Sep 02, 2014

wakeuptothesun, Sep 01, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

Knee Deep in Hops is my first reaction!

Instantly enthralled with strong whiffs of fresh cut weeds and sawed open conifers, and so strong, and hate to say it, but it's as strong as Tom-Cat piss. Telegraphs strength.

Poured from the bottle, dated 07/15/14, into a large brandy snifter, a clear golden cheddar orange. I don't know what birch syrup looks like, but maybe like this. Or perhaps some rare fresh pine amber sap bleeding from a saw cut. Practically no foam or lacing.

Hop strength flavours intensely and covers up the booze with a thick coat of shellac, which stretched thin with a bigger gulp, bursts, and the alcohol breathes forth like a drying nail polish or spray paint. No matter, of course the booze is integral, and together these two titans of IPA, hops and alcohol, combine to overpower any maltiness. Malt buddy, somewhere in there, has taken a powder, or has chameleon-like, converted into a new compound, hardened into a figurative unseen steel network of rebar inside this pavement of unformly smooth yet bittersweet triple IPA. Yes it is large, and warms the belly, cleans the lips, and pulls anything hanging on my tonsils off, as it goes down.

It tastes so damn good I want it to last forever. I take my time. It would be wrong to waste this on an urgent hot afternoon thirst. Dominates even the habanero and ghost peppers nipping at my gullet from the casserole I am dining on. This is sunshine in a bottle. Rays of beautiful light twinkle as this cool yellow lava pours into my body like sunshine over the stoic mountains of the planet. The effect is most salutory.

This beer is pure hyperbole. A bombastic, loud, ostinato riff, ripples back and forth across my palette, like a sparkling long wet reverberation, of life, of living vines, of summer showers, hard work. It's an offense, and the launch hit the target, and explodes, and leaves a bomb crater on my tongue, on my tummy, and in my mind. A deep impression is made.

Bitter? Maybe, like a liberal hippie. Interesting conversation. The carbonation is right where I like it for this slow drinker. Yes, I can understand it could be foamier, but then, the mouthfeel would be otherwise. My experience right here is beyond outstanding. Syrupy, yes, and reeks through the nose. If I had my beard, I would imagine it would smell like great beer for a while after I drank this.

Well, thank you my friends for the gift of this fine libation. It's north of my price point! Yes it is worth the price. A glimpse of heaven for sure.

Sorcerer, Aug 31, 2014