Eat A Peach - Mad Fox Brewing Company

Eat A Peach
No picture uploaded.

Mad Fox Brewing Company visit their website
Virginia, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: siege06nd on 09-02-2011)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.53/5  rDev +2%

From cask to nonic pint glass at Mad Fox on 8/31/11
*From notes

-- This is actually a fruit/vegetable beer. It's half Orange Whip IPA, half Belgian Blonde Ale on fresh, locally grown white peaches in a cask. --

A: It's a cloudy, peachy amber. Surprisingly healthy one finger head, and when cold, some premium lacing rims the glass.

S: The nose on this beer is unmatched. In all of my beer drinking days, I've never encountered a beer like, and I've a feeling I never will. You're literally mixing the freshest, in-season local peaches, and one of the best citra-hopped IPA's on the planet. On top of that you've got Belgian style yeast, wrapped within an English style cask. It's complex beyond compare, and epically unique.

T: The flavor profiles of this wacky creation aren't far behind. A literal explanation: peachy Orange Whip with a yeasty, woody finish. The peaches here influence all facets of the experience, as it adds a fruitiness that can only be matched by the citra hopped Orange Whip. Yet there's a balance there from the Blonde's yeasty and bready qualities. And the finish is smokey from the cask, which adds a mere kiss of tannin to dry the palate. It's simply unreal.

M: I've never been a big-time cask guy, yet I respect it's influences on certain beers. With this specific concoction, I do feel it would have been better suited on a standard tap, though the wood adds a layer of complexity that I really enjoyed. As expected, it's a bit oily, and the lack of hearty carbonation is sorely missing, yet for what it is, it's expertly executed.

O: Mad Fox's Eat a Peach is one of the best beers I've ever put in my mouth. In a word, it's amazing. My words can't convey the experience that is this strange, delicious brew. If you're ever presented with an opportunity to quaff this one-of-a-kind creation, make damn sure you do everything in your power to do so.

*Charlie, I must take a moment to thank you. Your Eat a Peach isn't just a beer, it's an "aha" moment. Your creativity doesn't go unnoticed, and I know I speak for all when I again say thanks.

Rhettroactive, Sep 07, 2011
4.25/5  rDev -4.3%

IrishColonial, Dec 02, 2012
4.55/5  rDev +2.5%

One of Charlie's Crazy Casks at the brewery on 8/31. This is a blend of the Orange Whip IPA and the Belgian Blonde over fresh white peaches on cask.

Served on cask in a nonic pint...

A: Oh sweet heavens. This looks mmMMM GREAT! It pours a luminescent orange copper, practically radiating in the glass. One finger of cream-colored head slowly dissipates to a half finger. Clumps of the stuff gather on top of the brew, setting up little colonies to lock in that sweet aroma and flavor. Sticky, juicy gobs of lacing dig their claws into the side of the glass.

S: I've got Georgia on my mind...wave after wave of peach aroma wafts out of the glass, I could smell it from a foot away. It blends so well with the citra hops that the Whip is known for, creating a candied quality that smells truly amazing. I also get mild woodiness from the cask and faint peppery spice and yeast from the Blonde. Everything is so well integrated. Spectacular.

T: Millions of peaches, peaches for me...that's the strongest initial flavor as sweet peach fruit washes over the front of the palate. Citra hops then show up on the mid and provide a beautiful counter melody to the fresh white peaches. The cask woodiness and belgian spices harmonize in the background, tempering what would be a tart beer otherwise. As it is, though, it's nearly perfect. It truly tastes like biting into a hop infused peach. The flavor really goes well with the unique Orange Whip.

M: Well-balanced. Casks aren't my favorite because they always come across a little flat. True to form, I thought this could have used more carbonation, but it's better than my past experiences. The balance of the flavors on this was nothing short of perfect. "Eat a Peach" indeed.

O: Charlie, my boy, you hit it out of the park with this one. I will definitely be checking out every cask you put out from now on. Eat a Peach is more than just a derivative of the Orange Whip, it is a great beer in its own right. Mad Fox would do well to let Charlie revisit this and let it make future appearances. It's an interesting blend made all the more interesting with the casking on white peaches. The peach, hop, and belgian spice flavors all compliment each other so nicely that it was honestly a joy to drink these beers. I already wish I could have another. Well done Mad Fox and excellent job Charlie!

siege06nd, Sep 02, 2011
Eat A Peach from Mad Fox Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.